Chapter 11: Someone Like You

"Never mind, I'll find someone like you. I wish nothing but the best for you, too. –Adele (Someone Like You)"

 ~*~*~*~*~

"What's your favourite colour?" Stellan asked. "Red and Blue," I replied. I then asked him his favourite colours and he replied, "Blue and Green...but I think I like Red too now." He replied.

I was in the park sitting on a swing when Stellan appeared out of nowhere and sat next to me. We then started asking questions to get to know each other better and it was actually his idea. I told you, there's no escape from this guy.

"Anyways, what's your most favourite song at the moment?" he asked. "Keeps changing every moment so it's better you don't ask," I replied. "My favourite song at the moment would be...Somebody that I used to know," he then told his favourite song at the moment. "Oh! Why?" I say. "Heh, well, I can relate to it that's why," he said with a frown.

"Oh, who is she?" I asked knowing it'd be some girl he misses. "Well, we loved each other a lot and she hurt me. I just hope she's okay. I mean, I did love her once so I do want good for her," he said. I just nodded trying not to ask him too many questions.

We asked each other many other questions and even shared some jokes. It felt good to laugh and smile again especially when there was someone to laugh along with me.

Just when I having a good time, someone threw a ball towards us but Stellan caught it. Thank goodness it didn't come towards me or it would have just gone through me because I practically don't exist.

I looked in front to see Tristan and his team mates asking for the ball. Stellan smiled and threw the ball back. I gazed at Tristan as he walked away until Stellan called me to get my attention. Why do I keep seeing Tristan everywhere I go?!

"Hey, why do you keep doing that?" Stellan asked. "Doing what?" I asked like a dumb person. "You always lose your attention...never mind. So tell me, how old are you?" he asked. I started playing with my thumbs thinking what answer to give. Well I was eighteen when I died and it had been three years...so I should be twenty-one. But then I was eighteen when I died...God dammit, this is confusing.

"How old do I look?" I asked. "Hmm...you like you're eighteen," he said. "Woah! Correct! I am eighteen!" I said. So I still look like an eighteen year old. Cool.

"How about you?" I asked. "Well, I'm going to turn twenty this year," he said. "Good for you," I said.

We basically ran out of questions to ask so there was silence in between. Well...this is awkward.

"Do you have a boyfriend or anything?" he suddenly asked. I frowned at that question. All the memories started flooding in again.

"Uh...no. I don't have a boyfriend...or friend...or anyone," I said. "Wait, why are you asking me this?" I asked. "I just wanted to know," he said.

"So, you don't have anyone to talk to or anything like that?" he asked. "For three years I have been a loner. I have no one in my life to live with. No family, no friends, no nothing...I'm on my own," I answer honestly and I started to feel upset again. "But it was nice talking to you. Thanks," I said with a smile which he returned. I did feel good.

After three years of living as a loner and in pain, I finally get to talk to someone and maybe start all over again but then...I'm dead. I don't exist...I'm just a soul wandering around and Stellan happened to be the 'unlucky' one to see me. But how did he see me?; out of everyone in the world, why him?

"Anyways, I'm going to go home now...got some work to do and I guess I'll catch you tomorrow," he said as he got up. "Ok. Good bye," I said. "Hey, it's getting dark out here. Aren't you going to go home?" he asked. Pfft! Who cares about the darkness?! "No...I'll go on my own," I said though I wasn't going to go home. I don't have a home except for that graveyard but then it's creepy.

"I can walk you home. I have no problem," he said. "No, it's alr..." I said but he interrupted, "It's okay. I'll walk you home and isn't that what 'friends' do?" he said putting air quotes around 'friend'. I smiled at that. "OK!" I said as I got up. He'll just walk me up to the porch and then I'll wander off from there. I don't want to go home and ruin things between my parents again.

So, Stellan walked me till my house and that's where we said our goodbyes.

"Wait! I want you to know that you should never come to my house and ask for me," I warned. "Umm, okay. Strict parents...got it," he said as he walked away.

There was something about Stellan which I liked a lot. He's really amiable for one and second, he's good looking too but even Tristan had the same personality before all this happened. But can Stellan be the same as Tristan or is he truly himself?

I have to stay strong and not fall for him to get to know that.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

June 18, 2015

Author's Note:

Not so much for this chapter but at least it's there. If ya like the story so far then please Vote and Share this story. It'd be a great help. :D

I updated 2 hours earlier because I had to go out somewhere with my parents and I'm completely not interested in going anywhere. I prefer the comfort of home and not socialize with people. I'm really bad at socializing and I embarrass myself a lot. :(

Please do check out @My_Music_Life and her story which I am helping her write. Do check out my first story as well. Hopefully you'd like it.

Next Update: June 21, 2015

Stay Strong,
Abby