* Introduction *

SUMMARY: You recently became part of the promotion team of the flag carrier of the country, and you're tasked to shoot a new travel commercial. On the first night, you find yourself in a different world set 80 years from the past---a time where the world was at the heights of its second great war. The catch: the lines of your own reality will start to bend and blur. The double catch: it involves your relationship with the young First Officer at work you seldom have interaction with to be quite too different to the one you have across the other plane.

* * *

NOTES BENEFICIAL FOR READING: Since you (yes, YOU!), as a reader, is the main narrator, I'd like you to immerse yourself in the story itself. You may not be one who is exactly like the reader itself, but I'd like you to enjoy the ride that this story has to offer. I don't know if you're a male or a female, but I am telling you that I've based the reader as a "female reader". So it will be very inclined to a female reader. Below are the things that will be beneficial for reading since I don't know majority of the details for you to imply on.

> Y/N: Your first name
> L/N: Your last name

* * *

DISCLAIMER: Below are... well, my reminders, to you, guys.

First of all, the story is written in English with English/Filipino dialogues; since, hey. It is set during the American regime. And sorry about this but I actually find it easier to write description and details in English.

Next, kindly avoid mentioning other stories or characters in this story. Like, "Oh! I remember this one!" or "It's like this story that I've read before!"

There are too many stories out there, and I could swear that I haven't read majority of them. I also don't often read fanfictions or other stories in Wattpad (especially original ones), since I mostly read YA dystopian novels. Just because I am writing a Historical Fiction story doesn't mean that I've copied the idea or whatsoever, and please don't put the blame on me just because you still can't get over with the last story you've read. Let's all just rest ourselves with the story on hand, and keep other's names away from the comments.

You could check the following chapters to trust me how much love I've put on this story:
> Lt. César Basa (1915-1941)
> Photographs
> Timeline of AH's creation
> Creating the world of AH (soon)
> Sources & Credits

P.S. If you have a Twitter account, the hashtag for this story is #CFBArtificialHorizon. Follow me at 23meraki. ;)

* * *

To those who never made it back,
and those who survived to tell the tale.
And in memory of you, Jomarc (18 June 1994 - 28 February 2023),
who was so excited to read this but "The End" came first.

* * *

"We wanted to fly; what were we pilots for except to fly?"
—Col. Jesús Villamor, They Never Surrendered: A True Story of Resistance in World War II

* * *

[...] One hundred thirteen bombers were counted. They dispersed, however, probably due partially to the overcast weather, divided into groups and bombed various places including a field in Batangas...

"In Batangas, six Filipino pilots, undaunted by the tremendous odds against them, attacked two enemy formations of 27 planes each as they roared over the airfield at Batangas. Before the enemy aircraft broke formation and disappeared in the clouds, the Filipino pilots accounted for two ships. The six Filipino pilots who took part in the operations at Batangas included Capt. Jesus Villamor, Lieutenants Antonio Mondigo, Godofredo Juliano, Geronimo Aclan, Salvador Manlunas, and Cesar Basa."

I know one of them in school. The one dead.

—From the journal of Teodoro Locsin, Sr.
Some Free Press Pieces: The Fall of the City (12 December 1941)