XXIV: Downdraft

Cool air which flows downwards as a rainstorm approaches; air which flows rapidly down the lee side of a building, mountain, etc.

* * *

December 6th, 0600Z (1400LCL)
Aircraft registration: Airbus A321-231 | RP-C9918
Departure: RPVM | Mactan-Cebu International Airport, Cebu, Philippines
Arrival: RPVP | Puerto Princesa International Airport, Palawan, Philippines
Flight route: RPVM- KANO2A - KANON - TR2 - BCD - TR6 - IOO - W17 - ZENNY - ZEN2 - RPVP
(RPVM - KANO2A - KANON - BCD - IOO - PIKAN - OCORO - NOYAN - MARAN - ZENNY - ZEN2- RPVP)

Thankfully, my health seems to have improved after that tea and conversation with Elian. The dream I have from the other day had settled somehow, and no longer troubles me to think that I am like some psycho to ogle Elian just because of being reminded of César. Additionally, with how my most recent dream ends to be, I feel much lighter with no further troubles.

To be honest, I feel much more at peace than I've ever been since this promotional shoot begin and the dreams start to haunt me in a way that I swivel on and off reality and the dreamscape.

Somehow, I finally get a good grasp that there's really a very huge boundary line between the two. Hence, I remain living in the dreamscape on how it had been going on there; and after that conversation with Elian during the Loboc River Cruise, I gained a greater understanding of him as a person. If ever the others are to talk about it, I take in that I shouldn't be troubled by them as I am not doing anything wrong.

Or rather, neither I nor Elian are doing anything inhuman. If they want to add some meaning to it, then I am letting them. It is quite such a huge improvement when things had smoothened and became clearer.

For today, our schedule had been fully-packed. After catching up the ferry ride back to Cebu early in the morning, we proceed on with a scheduled flight to Puerto Princesa. And to maximize our time, everyone agrees to have some shooting scenes captured by the afternoon, choosing the few touristy spots that are close to the city such as the Mitra's Ranch and Baker's Hill.

Ever since that conversation with Elian, it had been apparent that we've managed to break the strangers' zone that whatever awkwardness there is between us finally falls away. In short, it becomes easier for us to address one another, and my colleagues, definitely seeing a much evident display of interaction, finally stop in purging me for what is going on. I am grateful of that; leading for both I and Elian not to answer questions of why we're usually talking whenever there is nothing to be done.

A much more evident example is how when we often find the last remaining seats to be seated with one another, we tend to open to whatever conversation we can discuss about. Usually about Ateneo, on whether we know a mutual friend or whatsoever. That is enough for me to have a good grasp that he is indeed a close friend of Fermin Fernando, that friend of mine's boyfriend who've been giving those Negros treats; but I didn't inquire more whether he had been the one offering such thing to be given to the other's girlfriend or the likes. And aside from that, we keep some tabs wrap underneath; like what did I actually feel about him back then, and what is the exact meaning behind his words from before.

"As I've told you, I am always looking at you, and I see you."

After taking a quick promotional shoot at Baker's Hill and buying some treats, both the flight and cabin crews asked to be left behind there for a moment as I and the rest of the PR Team head on to Mitra's Ranch to settle our clearances and set up our equipment for the continuation of the shoot. It is only acceptable as during the shooting, the rest of us in the PR Team had already managed to buy some goods, while they remain under the spotlight and the work.