* Sources & Credits *

Acknowledgment:

Special thanks to the people and organization who've been a huge help for the creation of this story; from the very beginning until the very last:

* My younger sister who've heard of the story first. Her first reaction of the major plot twist was "Hell, what did life do to you to be so angsty?" Well, fortunately, nothing yet; but that's basically a charm.

* My closest friends, the Endless family, for supporting me with the researches. I even managed to pull you for an instant museum visit at Philippine Air Force Aerospace Museum just for this project.

* My parents, whom I know were raising their eyebrows when I've told them why I was looking for resources about World War II. I swear that it was still related to planes and aviation! And I swear that I could relate myself with Lt. Basa in the aspect of wanting chemistry and flying. I know that you'll certainly disinherit me if I've suddenly decided to pursue flying after a degree completely unrelated to it.

* My flight instructors, especially Capt. Alexander Panes and Capt. Adonis Buscas, the latter being a former PAF fighter pilot who've served during the Battle of Marawi. Thank you for listening to my take about surviving and dying in war, and our takes of how Filipinos are only patriots to the things they wanted to revere but are ignorant how most of our roots are histories worthy of even knowing; take for example forgotten airfields that made great differences.

* To Filipinas Heritage Library under Ayala Foundation, Inc.; thank you for the wide collection of books that helped me find interesting trinkets about Lt. Basa and the PAAC and the 6th Pursuit Squadron. It had been a short notice of two days alone and they've been responsive with my book list to borrow.

* To Philippine Air Force Aerospace Museum; thank you for proving to me all over again that I love flying, and no matter how hard it was, I still love my country.

* To Almighty God that give me the strength, wisdom and patience throughout this incredible journey; and knowing fully the people who will definitely support me throughout the writing process.

* To you, my readers, even at the start, I am already thanking you as if this is already the end. And it will be; soon, even this book will have to close its own chapter.

* And to you, my dear friend Jomarc Turiano—the Moriarty to my Holmes, the Kay to my Arthur, the Roza to my Yumi, and the Desire to my Dream—thank you and rest now. This is the first project of mine that you haven't read a single word at all; but know that no other new story will ever be written without you knowing. Hence, my future projects will definitely revolve those you've known. This project rests now as a very special one for me.

* * *

Sources:

*** 33rd Anniversary : Fall of Bataan, April 9, 1942-April 9, 1975 : Fall of Corregidor, May 6, 1942-May 6, 1975. A Commemorative ed., 1975.

* Alcaraz, Ramon A. "December 15, 1941." The Philippine Diary Project, 7 Dec. 2021, https://philippinediaryproject.com/1941/12/15/december-15-1941-2/.

* "Ateneo Blue Eagles - Hall of Fame." Ateneo Blue Eagles - Hall of Fame | Hall Fame | Technology Trends, https://www.primidi.com/ateneo_blue_eagles/hall_of_fame.

* "Ateneo Blue Eagles." Ateneo Blue Eagles : Definition of Ateneo Blue Eagles and Synonyms of Ateneo Blue Eagles (English), http://dictionary.sensagent.com/ateneo%20blue%20eagles/en-en/#Hall_of_Fame.

*** Baclagon, Uldarico S. Filipino Heroes of World War II. Agro Printing & Pub. House, 1980.

*** Buencamino, Felipe, and Victor Buencamino. Memoirs and Diaries of Felipe Buencamino III, 1941-1944. CopyCat, 2003.