XXV: Dewpoint

The temperature at which air is saturated with water vapor and condensation begins. Weather reports usually include the air temperature and dewpoint temperature. When the difference between the two is small, there is a strong possibility of fog, clouds, or precipitation.

* * *

December 6th, 1300Z (2100LCL)
Location: Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines

Just as what Capt. Zablan also said, the rain had just been a passing one. But with how drenched everyone is, the shooting had been canceled. Despite not being able to shoot everything that is written in the screenplay, the team agrees that there hadn't been any lost as we can compensate with others that we've shot prior outside the given sequence, too. Hence, once the rain somehow eased down, we head on back to the hotel with our gears and towels surrounding our frames.

Thankfully, both Ellen and Lara finally drop the questions when they themselves somehow make the assumption. I do not want to join them with such thing, but if it had been the case that they can see, then it is not my problem to be in the middle of such discourse. If ever, they should discuss such matter instead with the other party as I can't do anything nor answer anything beyond what I already told them that there is definitely nothing much about us.

After taking a quick shower and change our clothes to some dry ones, the team then decides to have some dinner to another popular spot. It had been a lighter atmosphere that we decide on not to feature any shooting with that. For others, they'll definitely say that it is another opportunity; but with the mishap that happened earlier, all we need right now is to be out of such uptight zone. As we are all hopeful that the weather's prediction tomorrow will be quite good, we can supplement further shoots then; though with what both of our pilots predict to be another cautionary weather, we aren't hopeful that things will be moving in our favor.

Our scheduled shoot for tomorrow will be at the Underground River. If things do not work then, we're definitely going to ensure that most of what we've shot by now and what we'll be shooting the next will be necessary for the lost ones we didn't manage to have.

I am about to head on to bed by the time that I am surprised to find a visitor. For my own safety, of course, I take a peek at the peephole, and almost curse upon finding out who is the one standing outside my hotel room at this hour of the night. And in hopes not to find everything else too suspicious, I immediately unlock and open my door to address him. And, no, I didn't ask him to enter in.

"Good evening, Rookie," Elian immediately greets before I can do so. He has a definite pointed look at me and a small smile as he appears just as how I last saw him earlier during dinner—all fresh-up, hair dried in a messy way than be properly fixed as usual, and in his usual attire of dress shirt and trousers. He lifts a hand to give to me a small paper bag. "In any case na sumama ang pakiramdam mo or kung magkalagnat ka dahil sa naulanan ka kanina."

I check the contents of the small packaging and it is indeed a series of medications, varying brands but very evident to be all of paracetamol.

"Hindi ko alam kung magiging allergic ka sa isa, kaya sinigurado ko na lamang na kung ano man ang preferred mong brand ay nandiyan," he adds before handing then a cup the next. "And here's some chamomile tea. Para mas madali kang makatulog at makapagpahinga."

I blink at him as I hold on to the things he had given. "Uhm, thanks? But... hindi naman necessary ang mga ito. So, why are you doing this?"

"Honestly?"

"Honestly."

He sighs heavily. "I'll be truly making the excuse na nandito ako para kunin 'yong button-down ko. But as you are deserving of much more honesty pagkatapos ng lahat ng mga weird and strange conversations nating dalawa..." He clears his throat the next. "Well, I am just worried and I am concerned of you, Rookie."