VII - Shock Wave

Compression wave caused by supersonic motion.
When an aircraft approaches the speed of sound, the airflow over the wing reaches supersonic speed before the airplane itself does, and a shock wave forms on the wing. The airflow behind the shock wave breaks up into a turbulent wake, increasing drag.

* * *

It is not strange, believe me, to know that a man such as Elian Basa will have a fanbase of his own. Well, not because he is known to be one of the leading models of the airline's leaflets, but because of his background during college as a member of Ateneo Blue Eagles. Fame is part of it, even though it appears that his only objective was to play and nothing more. That's why, even though his other teammates are taken by big companies to be their endorsers, he declines it all. Until he enters flight school and the airlines; seems like he has no choice but to consider the incentive, even though I am unsure what is mentioned behind closed doors concerning additional benefits for projects as such.

However, I didn't realize that my gut-feeling will instead be that of involving him than the man in my dreams. Not to mention that even adding the year of the World War II to the name, there are no records that Google can show me. And fuck it all that I've forgotten the year in my dreams at all; but if I'll be returning, I'll ensure that I remember the duration of the war: 1 September 1939 until 2 September 1945. Yet, I am not hopeful of any possible comeback at all.

We continue our shooting at the airport's ramp area. And for the scenes to be shot here, the crew are to be on their Type A uniforms; which is in terms of dressing, their most formal one which is complete of their coats and hats. For the ladies, it also means a full makeup and at such time, it is almost annoying for anyone. But for the sake of the success of this promotional shoot, everyone remains in high spirit.

Well, who will not be annoyed by such situation? It is not even that all sunny as Davao is known to often be cloudy during the afternoon, but the ramp area is smoldering hot. For the short time that I am in the airline industry's PR department, I somehow learn that a few minutes of sun against the ramp area where there are no trees for a shade is definitely like being cooked alive. Not to mention that the air is arid and dry that makeup retouches had been frequent and the short minute breaks, too.

As of the moment, it is the flight attendants' time to be in front of the camera, the boys are currently with the PR team's wardrobe and makeup people for the retouches, which is definitely feet away from where we are currently shooting by the plane's tail. Like everyone else assigned to the hands' on cinematography itself, I have no choice but to be burnt to crisp under the sun; since even umbrellas are like what they call as FOD or foreign object debris. Thankfully, even if I am feeling sweaty, I have my shades and I decided to wear a thin long sleeve shirt and trousers to spare me from the heat.

Since the ramp area is still an active part of the airport, with us given the farthest gate area to where the plane we've flown before had been parked overnight for this shoot, we need to remain within the limited areas in any case that our presence will be considered a hindrance to other maneuvering aircraft. I guess the reflector vests that we're all wearing, except for the ones being shoot in front of the camera, are the last shield of defense. It is better to keep one's self protected still.

But, among all, one of the flight attendants stand out the most. Clara, despite the heat, seems to be vibing with it. It starts to feel like she's another bright sun to contribute to the hot weather, and I can't help admiring her much more for her professionalism. Though the two other flight attendants are cooperating well, it is her bubbly nature that is very evident with the entire shoot still. Because, let's admit it, the boys can't be that cheerful, especially when they stand right next to Elian in one frame. The man itself is an enigma that I do not doubt will also decrease Clara's brightness later on with their group's shoot.