II - Squawk

An identification code; to activate specific modes, codes or functions on a transponder.

* * *

"Good morning, (Y/N)," Elian, the man with too many hidden agendas, greets me with a non-suspicious but visibly real smile that reaches his warm and bright eyes. With him just a few inches away, lying right next to me. Half-naked. On bed.

Tangina... Anong kalokohan ito?!

I can also feel my entire face reddening at just the mere sight of exposed skin of lean and taut muscles. Not to mention that he is way too close, way calmer and way much more... captivating?

"B-Bakit..." I trail off, unsure how to process all of this.

"Bakit?" Elian asks as he draws closer that his breath tickles my cheek, igniting the heat on them much more. "Kailangan ko ba ng rason para gawin ito? Kahit na magkasintahan naman tayo?"

Anong pinagsasabi ng lalaking ito?!

I yelp when his lips press against the side of my neck. "O-Oo naman! Kailangan mo ng rason na—"

"Stop trying to tease me, (Y/N)," he whispers as his kisses trail lower down my collarbone.

There is no doubt that it is Elian's voice. No doubt as well that it is Elian, but this action, and...

I gasp, momentarily because of the affection and soft touches but very much in the view of the room. Gone are the cove ceiling, the calming beige color of the walls, the gray blackout curtains from where the cityscape can be viewed from sliding windows, and the modernized touches of the luxurious hotel room. Now it is a coffered ceiling from where a simple chandelier hung, the intricate tapestry covering the walls, the delicate and translucent lacework of curtains drawn to the side as it is lightly blown by the wind due to the opened barandilla and ventanilla, and the simple but opulent touches of a traditional colonial room. Now, I find the natural light shining through the capiz windows to be the culprit for the morning shine, and the audible chirps of birds and bustling side-street from the outside.

Where... Where on earth is this?

Elian's hands trail down my shoulders, arms and sides, as his lips slowly press open-mouthed kisses against every bare skin of mine.

I freeze. I am thankful not to catch myself totally nude in his presence when my mind is a series of uncertainties and unexplainable things as of now, and I try to push him away from me, muttering weakly, "T-Teka lang..."

And true, he stops. And yes, he got to be kidding me. O pinagloloko ko lang talaga ang sarili ko.

He presses his lips against mine, teasing me to open my mouth as he slips his tongue to deepen the kiss much more.

Putangina. Seryoso ba na hinahalikan ako ngayon ni Elian?

I tremble.

And he seems to realize it at once for him to pull away and ask, "May problema ba?"

"K-Kasi..." I gulp in hard.

He raises a curious eyebrow at me. "Kasi? Nagbago ba ang isip mo, o hindi ka pa rin makapaniwala sa nangyari kagabi?"

Kagabi? I almost blurt out in surprised. Nangyari kagabi? Anong nangyari kagabi?!

I can't remember falling asleep in this place, but I can swear that we indeed met last night, if ever this is a new day. I remember meeting him at the rooftop and he had been acting weird to tease me about his intention to give the company more reasons to assume that there is something going on between us when there isn't even any slightest relation at all. When I was about to return his coat, he walked away and I returned to my own room alone and... did I even fall asleep right there? And what is this?