XXXII: Feather

To turn the blades of a stopped propeller edge on the airflow in order to reduce drag or wind resistance.

* * *

December 9th, 0400Z (1200LCL)
Aircraft registration: Airbus A320 | RP-C9918
Departure: RPVE | Godofredo P. Ramos Airport, Caticlan, Philippines
Arrival: RPLP | Legazpi Principal, Albay, Philippines
Flight route: RPVE – KLO5A – KLO – TR15 – ROX – W6A – MCT – W8 – MASBA – MASB4W - RPLP
(RPVE – KLO5A – KLO – MUCAN – ROX – ATRIA – CADIZ – PARAO – ASTUR – MCT – TUBUR – BATAY – MASBA – MASB4W – RPLP)

All thanks to Elian's words to everyone else, the issue had been dropped off. After all, there is no clear evidence that we spent the night together—no matter how weirdly that may mean—but just the notice that Capt. Geronimo Aclan had seen Elian leaving my room and nothing more. No one had seen him enter in at the dead of the nights, nor even tried reaching out for him last night to ensure that he was in his room. And if ever someone did, it is too easy to just brush the subject of that he had passed out; only awakening from a hangover, searched for some tea that he apparently had used me to be part of the excuse that he asked, leading for Capt. Aclan's discovery, and that was it.

However, despite a clear explanation as that, I know that there remain some doubts. But it stops me from being bombarded with further questions about it; and just as easily, whatever budding scandal is drop right away.

Even though that is the case, it had been quite a little awkward between me and Elian. It isn't anything to cause quite for eyebrows to raise another time about the oddity of our interaction, only addressing it to be a normal one between us. However, I am still yet to thank and apologize him for the trouble; in fear that someone will be hearing that there might be something more about the case.

And, after a day, I am yet to properly speak with him concerning that matter.

It will be easy, I know, if I'll just be direct in addressing the issue about what really is his treatment concerning how he sees me as a person. If he'll be so direct to say that he is interested of me, and I to him; then it will be easier to move through the plot-holes that we're in a mutual understanding as we try to work it out. But with a man such as Elian Basa, who often diverts the issue once I am drawing closer to that form of conversation... it is a little hassle to handle. If César Basa in my dreams can easily be honest with the dream version of me, then it's definitely too different concerning this man in reality.

Our flight today is another ferry flight. That after ensuring the necessary cameras installed in the cockpit, I dwindle myself through the vacant seats possible for me to occupy. After all, with my poor sleeping habit for the past few days, and with how tiring yesterday had been with the exploration of the island with everyone else while keeping the charade of my and Elian being acquaintances to cover up the truth of what happened the night prior... the view of the white and fluffy clouds is like a trademark of feeling a little lightheaded. Addition to what I've known from my previous dream and the unexplainable actions that Elian had done... especially that kiss... I can't help but catch my head hurting in search of explanations that are very much more of assumptions and nothing else.

In the end, with the smooth ride and the vision of clouds lulling me, I manage to catch another dreamless snooze. I know that it hadn't been too long as even that nap didn't feel like an empowering one when I wake up, despite me being able to do so for the past thirty minutes. I am awakened by the ding in the cabin with the seatbelt lights switching on, as if I have any troubles concerning it as I've kept my seatbelt all the while being seated.

However, something that I didn't recognize that had been added to my belongings right now is the presence of a familiar coat covering my frame. And I can swear that I almost curse loudly upon recognizing it to be the same one that Elian had lent me back then when we're in Davao and I've returned to him when we're in Cebu. Now, it is back to me.