XLIII - Final Approach

That part of an instrument approach procedure which commences at the specified final approach fix or point, or where such a fix or point is not specified:
> At the end of the last procedure turn, base turn or inbound turn of a racetrack procedure, if specified; or
> At the point of interception of the last track specified in the approach procedure; and ends at a point in the vicinity of an aerodrome from which: a landing can be made, or a missed approach procedure is initiated.

* * *

December 12th, 0245Z (1045LCL)
Aircraft registration: Airbus A321-231 | RP-C9918
Departure: RPLP | Legazpi Principal, Albay, Philippines
Arrival: RPLL | Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila, Philippines
Flight route: RPLP - NGA3E - NGA - W9 - ALBAT - ALBA5R - RPLL
(RPLP - NAGA3E - NAGA - MECAN - ALBAT - ALBAT 5R - RPLL)

Elian's fever didn't break the following day. Due to that, Capt. Zablan called the company to inform them that we aren't able to return back to Manila. Instead, his illness worsened; but Elian insists not to be brought to the hospital. And, surprisingly, he asks me to remain in tending him; telling the rest to back off.

In the end, hoping that he'll be better at once, no one from us dare to fight him with his decision as I continue to tend to him, even though the previous day had proven that I am not much of help at all. But then, I pray on that he'll recover at once; and as if some answered prayers, his fever slowly subsides by evening that he asks me to inform Capt. Zablan that he's all fit to fly for tomorrow morning.

Despite him being well to finish his dinner and I am no longer needed, he still asked me to stay with him for the night.

"Talagang sinasabi mo sa akin na makipagkaibigan na ako sa sofa na ito, ano?" I questioned him.

He patted the vacant space on the double bed. "I won't be doing anything."

I flushed. "No. Linoloko lang kita. Ayos lang ako na dito ako matulog."

"And I insist," he countered. "Or else, baka magising ka na lang bukas na nasa kama ka na. Kagaya no'ng sa Boracay."

Remembering that memory, I didn't fight back and take his offer instead. I laid down on the bed and turned away from him, occupying the farthest side possible. And the discussion about it is over.

When I woke up by the break of dawn today, I found him already up. He was already dressed for the day and had been fresh out from a shower as he was drying his hair, and before I managed to run away to prepare for the day myself, he addressed me.

"By the time that we're back to Manila," he started. "'Wag mong sabihin na para lamang tayong magiging strangers ulit?"

I stopped and turned to him, trying to gauge what he wanted to actually happen then. "Well, depende naman iyon sa iyo. Dahil hanggang ngayon... naguguluhan ako sa kung ano ba talaga itong namamagitan sa atin. I think you should be much more vocal with what you want to happen." I bit my lower lip, once more remembering that there hadn't been any explanation concerning that sudden kiss back then; no matter how drunk he may be at that moment. "Then, let's see."

"I think actions always speak louder than words. Do I need to further make a point with it?" he asked, dropping then the towel to a nearby chair.

I gulped in hard. "A-Ayaw ko maging assuming."

"Then, I think a repeat of it is needed." He then closed the distance between us, caught me off guard when he muttered his sudden declaration of affection, and pressed his lips shamelessly against mine, kissing me passionately.