Football or Socccer? They're Both Balls, Right?

Ruff's Doghouse. Before the Contestants Come in. Glen and Blossom are Seen playing FIFA 23, with Glen as Manchester City and Blossom as Real Madrid.

Ruff: (Commentating) The Score is Tied Between Glen as we head to the all-deciding Penalty Shootout. Glen is controlling Manchester City. Blossom is handling Zidane's Real Madrid Side. It's the Champions League Final. (ringtone) Hold on, guys. Pause in play.

Glen: (pauses) What is it, Uncle Ruff?

Ruff: It seems to be one of those New-fangled Video Calls. Let's see who it is. (answers) Hello? This is Ruff Ruffman here.

Weston: Hey Ruff! It's Weston McKennie of the US Men's National Team of Soccer!

Ruff: This is Certainly a Surprise! A Real-life footballer calling me.

Weston: Ruff, you do understand we call it soccer here.

Ruff: What's the difference? They're both balls, right?

Weston: Yes, they do. I think I know someone known as "The Rock" Johnson who runs this spring league of American Football. Soccer's Rules are Different from those on the gridiron, and that's why I challenge your contestants, male and female, doesn't matter, to learn these rules and play with me and my friends in a bit of a Futsal-Type of Match.

Ruff: Works for me! You know how much I love those kids! Bye, Weston!

Weston: Take care, my man!  

(End Call)

Ruff: Blossom this is So exciting! We tackle a new challenge every time, and that's no joke either! A soccer vs football challenge and all it costs is you concluding your game with Glen. So sorry about that.

She shrugs.

Ruff: You can now? Oh right. But remember, make it quick! The contestants are almost here.

Glen: We will.

Ruff: Hmm. Always bet on my nephew, because he's the other computer geek here. No offense, Chet.

Chet gives him a Stare as we fade to black.

(Slow Music)

Ruff: (singing) 🎵 Life was missing its Mystique, my squeaky toys had lost their squeak! 🎵

(spoken) But then out of the blue... I saw the phone, and then BAM! My destiny was calling me!

(Music becomes more upbeat)

(Singing) 🎵 Pitched my vision for a Show, and they loved it! Thought I was a Pro! They got my contract back to find: 🎵 (spoken) to their alarm; a dog had signed!

Backup Singers: (sing) 🎵 Fetch! 🎵

Ruff: Oh, I love that name!

Backup Singers: (sing) 🎵 With Ruff Ruffman! 🎵

Ruff: 🎵 I didn't wait to renovate, found six contestants; all were great! Now I'm on the road to fame, I've got a game show, and its name is... 🎵

Backup Singers: (sing) 🎵 Fetch! 🎵

(Ruff and Blossom dance while Chet flies in his airplane)

Ruff: It's really Catchy!

Backup Singers: (sing) 🎵 With Ruff Ruffman! 🎵

Ruff: It rolls off the Tongue!

Backup Singers: (sing) 🎵 Ruff Ruffman! 🎵

(Chet parachutes out of his Airplane)

Backup Singers: (sing) 🎵 Ruff Ruffman! 🎵

Ruff: Wait... doesn't that mistake warrant A Yellow? Oh, never mind.