iv. crazy

ATLANTIS

"power doesn't make someone pretty."

THE DAY HAD BEEN PRETTY NORMAL IF ALORA WAS BEING HONEST.

She had gotten through all her classes without having to randomly leave or ditch for a supernatural reason.

The only weird thing that happened was Erica Reyes, a girl known to have epilepsy, had gotten a seizure when she tried to climb the rock wall by herself after gym class.

Alora ate her carrots and hummus as Stiles went to grab the keys to the ice rink. They were all supposed to be going on some double date and Alora was actually pretty excited.

"Got 'em." Stiles placed the keys on the lunch table as he pulled out the chair in front of Scott. "Pick you up right after work tonight and we'll meet at the rink, cool?"

Scott's eyes suddenly strayed to the door of the cafeteria, and so did everyone else's.

In walked Erica Reyes, no longer the self-conscious girl she was yesterday. Instead, she walked in confident, took the bite from some guy's apple and smirked.

"What.." Lydia Martin slammed her hands on the table where Alora was. "the holy hell, is that?"

"It's Erica." Scott stated as the blonde walked out.

Scott and Stiles suddenly stood up to race after her, making Alora groan.

"I wanted to eat!" She grabbed her bag and raced after them, reaching the doors outside as they watched Erica get in Derek's Camaro before he sped off.

"Well.." Alora cocked her head. "That can't be good."

ALORA AND ALLISON WERE GETTING READY FOR THE DOUBLE DATE AS LYDIA STOOD BY TO HELP.

Christ Argent knocked at the wall, signifying his presence. The cousins looked up, giving a small smile to the older man.

"Headed out?" He asked.

"Studying." Allison simply replied.

He silently called Allison and Alora over, making the Argent girl roll her eyes.

"Just studying, uncle Chris." Alora assured.

"I get it." He took a sharp intake of air. "But we need you two to remember what happened."

Allison gave an incredulous look. "You want me to stop being friends with her?"

Chris tilted his head. "Actually, we want the opposite. I know how this might sound, but we need you to keep an eye on her."

"You want us to spy on her." Alora deadpanned.

"We want you to look out for your friend," Chris corrected. "to make sure everything's okay with her."

They all turned around to see Lydia taking a spam load of selfies, kissing her phone as she swiped through the pictures of herself.