xiii. terror

ATLANTIS

"quickness is the essence of war."

ALORA SAT IN THE MIDDLE BACKSEAT, SCROLLING THROUGH HER PHONE.

"It's not a triple date." Lydia repeated herself for the fifth. "It is a group thing."

"Really?" Alora turned her phone screen to Allison and Lydia. "Because this guy just keeps sending me pictures of his abs."

"See?" Allison motioned to the girl. "Do they know it's a group thing? 'Cause I told you that I'm not ready to get back out there."

Lydia tilted her head. "You were in France and didn't do any dating for four months?"

"Don't loop me into that." Alora mumbled, a small smirk on her face. "The French guy next door was.. wow. Definitely worth getting grounded for."

The girls laughed before getting back to their conversation.

Allison had shrugged, looking to the strawberry blonde. "Did you? I mean, after—"

"Do not say his name." Lydia interrupted.

"Is he okay? I mean, did everything work out?" Allison questioned, her and Alora having left before knowing exactly what happened.

"Well, the doctors looked like total idiots when he turned up alive, but.. everyone got over it." Lydia answered. "And yes, Derek taught him the werewolf 101, like how not to randomly kill people during a full moon."

Alora peeked her head between the seats with a knowing smirk. "So.. you did talk to him?"

"Uh, not since he left for London." Lydia meekly nodded.

"You mean since his dad moved him to London." Allison corrected.

"Whatever," Lydia huffed. "he left. And seriously, an American werewolf in London? Like that's not going to be a disaster."

"So," Allison began. "you're totally over him?"

"Would I be going on a triple date if I wasn't?" Lydia snapped before realizing what she admitted and sighed. "Yes, it's a triple date. It's not an orgy. You'll live."

Allison and Alora laughed, the girls continuing to talk to one another.

Alora suddenly felt her heart drop, and was overwhelmed by a crushing feeling that something bad had happened to someone.

Isaac.

Isaac.

"Oh, my God!" Allison suddenly snapped Alora out of it. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I can't see him, not now."

"What happened?" Alora cluelessly wondered. Lydia repeatedly hit the girl's shoulder to get her to look through the window. "Ow— Oh, shit. Drive, Lydia!"

"Lydia, go! Just go!" Allison begged.

"But the light." Lydia stated, Alora looking at the very much red light.