viii. a fugue state

ATLANTIS

"the unknown is sometimes better than the known."

ALORA DECIDED TO STAY HOME FOR THE DAY TO DO SOME RESEARCH ON WHY SHE WASN'T AFFECTED BY THE KANIMA VENOM.

Most of what she read had to do with immunity, but she didn't think that was it, especially considering her weird hallucinating at the ice rink.

She clicked on another link.

A LIST OF SUPERNATURALS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT

It mentioned wolves, vampires, hellhounds, fairies, etc., but the one thing that caught her eye was a section on magic.

Most magic is divided into three different categories: Personal energies (the rarest and deadliest form), Universal energies, and Dimensional energies. The user of personal energies can harness an unbelievable amount of power of their own will. Once accomplished, they can overtake the other two types of magic as well.
When a person becomes subconsciously aware of their power, they begin to exhibit symptoms that vary with each user. Most commonly, the magic wielder believes they're having hallucinations when they are actually having premonitions. The premonition could possibly have a metaphorical value to it depending on their situation in life.
Once the user gains control over their power, they can bend the will of everything around them. Matter can be destroyed and formed, and the universe could collapse.
There is a single person who is prophesied to be able to harness all three magics, and that person would be forever called one name.

The Harbinger of Chaos and Bringer of Death

Alora slammed her laptop closed and sighed, burying her face in her hands. She had no idea what to do, especially considering how odd that website was. If she was a magic wielder or whatever, it doesn't mean that she had Personal energies magic.

But right now, she didn't even know if she had magic, especially considering she had no idea how she would even have that kind of supernatural ability.

When Alora opened her eyes, she had her head resting on the desk. She immediately sat up, noticing how the sun had just disappeared behind the mountains. Again.

She checked her phone and noticed all the missed calls and texts from her friends, the most recent one being from Stiles. It read something about the Kanima attacking them in detention and how Scott was now at the Animal Clinic since Derek asked for his help.

Alora decided to meet Scott there and catch up with everything.

She pulled open the glass door and walked inside.

"Hey, did you find anything in your research?" Scott asked the girl.

She shrugged, steadying her heartbeat in case he was listening. "Not really. Just a bunch of nonsense."

He nodded before looking back to the glass door. "He's here."

He walked over and unlocked it, letting not only Derek inside, but also Isaac freaking Lahey.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Alora snarled, referring to Isaac who walked in all chipper.

"I need him." Derek calmly replied, walking in with his Beta.