xii. realizations

ATLANTIS

"black is the color of my soul."

ALORA HAD BEEN REPLAYING THE EVENTS OF THE PAST WEEK OVER AND OVER.

She just couldn't seem to figure out who the enemy was anymore. Scott had left her a voicemail that said Stiles was missing. He had called her since he held out the tiniest bit of hope that she would come.

Alora deleted the voicemail right before Gerard and Allison walked into her room, beginning to talk about their new plan.

Chris and Atlas appeared at the doorway, pausing their action to knock when they saw Gerard speaking to their daughters.

"We noticed the lights flicker." Atlas told his father.

"Probably just one of our guests getting comfortable downstairs." Gerard turned back to the girls. "Get some sleep if you two can. I have a feeling the next 24 twenty four are going to be eventful."

Alora and Allison removed their gear, setting it on the empty desk in Alora's room. Atlas and Chris walked over.

"You need something?" Allison asked, sliding her glove off.

"I want you two to step aside and let us handle this." Chris told them.

Alora scoffed. "You're kidding, right? After everything?"

"One of your friends is dead." Atlas emphasized.

"Because of Derek!" Alora countered.

Allison nodded along. "How do you think Jackson became that thing in the first place? Kate, Mom, Aunt Hera, Jackson."

"What about Scott?" Chris interrupted. "What if he dies too?"

Allison looked down with a smile. "Since when did you care about Scott?"

"I care about you and Alora." Argent asserted.

Alora scoffed. "Really, Uncle Chris? If you're going to start acting like you're concerned now, you should start with, "I'm proud of you," because we are doing exactly what you and dad wanted."

"No, girls." Atlas sighed, looking at the weapons. He pointed to a crossbow, and Chris nodded, as if saying, "That's the one."

"You're doing exactly what he wants. We all are." Chris corrected.

Alora sat down on her bed next to Allison and rolled her eyes as she spoke. "We're tired. We just really want to pass out, okay?"

"Fine." Chris picked up the crossbow and Atlas picked up a knife.

"By the way, don't forget you owe me a new bow." Allison repeated as she slid her shoes off.

Atlas cut the string to her crossbow and shrugged. "And a new crossbow."

Alora clenched her jaw, watching her father walk out with her uncle.

"Let's just go to bed." Allison sighed, the girls climbing under the comforter and falling into a deep sleep.