xviii. the cursed motel

ATLANTIS

"sometimes, no words are needed."

THE BUS SLOWED DOWN TO A STOP.

Alora looked out of the widow and saw a neon sign posted outside of it.

Welcome to the
Glen Capri

But she felt as though this place was anything but welcoming. The students marched out of the bus, everyone silently judging as they noticed actual mold on the walls.

"I've seen worse." Scott optimistically, yet grossly stated.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles challenged.

Alora stepped up to them and shrugged. "The boys locker room."

Stiles gave an acknowledging nod as Coach blew the whistle and began to speak to them. "Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up, with one group of three. Choose wisely."

As Alora reached to grab one for her and the girls, Isaac grabbed her arm and spun her around.

When she looked at him expectantly, that's when he realized he didn't know what he was gonna say. So, he said the first thing that came to his head.

"Um, goodnight."

Alora gave a small smile with a childish laugh. "Night."

Coach noticed their interaction and knowingly smirked before turning to everyone else. "And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Allison went to walk ahead, but noticed Alora and Lydia's hesitance. "Guys?"

"I don't like this place." Lydia whispered.

Allison slightly laughed and looked around. "I don't think the people who own this place like this place. It's just for a night."

"A lot can happen in one night." Alora said, almost as if she knew something was going to happen.

ALORA PACED IN FRONT OF SCOTT AND STILES AS THE TWO BOYS LAID ON THEIR BEDS.

"All right, so I have four." Stiles stated.

"Four?" Scott incredulously questioned. "You have four suspects?"

"Yeah, it was originally ten. Well, nine, technically, I guess.
I had Derek on there twice."

"Well, I had twelve." Alora added on with a shrug. "But they all check out in some way."

"So who's number one? Harris?" Scott asked.

"Just because he's missing doesn't mean he's dead." Stiles brought up a valid point.

Scott furrowed his brows. "So if he's not dead, our chemistry teacher is out secretly committing human sacrifices."