Chapter 53

POV: Sloan

Red smirked at me as he escorted me back to the VIP section. "Did you enjoy yourself?" he asked, looking like the cat that ate the canary.

I stilled. Since I'd already looped my arm through his, he kept us moving.

Red knew. He totally knew what I'd just done. Which meant Liam knew too.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Death didn't scare me. I'd accepted the personal risks the day I handed myself over to The Collectors. No, the only thing I feared was losing the men I loved. But there was nothing I could do about whatever was happening to Reed, Avery, and Deacon now.

I knew if Deacon were here, he'd tell me to stay in control of my emotions, to use my mind to find a weapon or a way out.

"Dance with me," I said. "I love this song." It was a slow, melodic tune with just the right amount of bass. Good for seduction.

Red snorted, but surprisingly, he indulged me, his tattooed hands finding my hips. "I know what you're doin', Ms. Gallagher. Tryna buy yourself some time before facin' his wrath."

I placed my palms flat on his chest, sliding them up to his broad shoulders. He wasn't able to hide his shiver in time.

Hmm. That was definitely an angle I could exploit. Turning Liam's own people against him hadn't occurred to me until this moment.

I hummed. "Maybe I just like you, Red. And please, call me Sloan."

"You belong to the boss, Sloan." His mouth said one thing, but his hungry gaze and tight grip said another thing entirely. "Not that you can keep your legs closed to any man who wants a taste."

"Don't be jealous, Red," I purred, pushing my breasts out. "I told you at the airport that I was down for a cavity check. The offer still stands."

Heat flickered in his gaze as he studied me, his eyes lingering on the practically nonexistent top Liam had chosen. My nipples were still hard from the closet, and I thrust them against his chest. We were close enough now that I could feel how turned on he was.

My voice grew husky. "Don't pretend you don't want to ride this rollercoaster, Red. We both know you're dying to see what all the fuss is about."

His pants bulged, and I grinned triumphantly. His voice was strained as he said, "You're nothin' more than a common whore."

God, he wanted me so bad, it was laughable.

I chuckled. "See, that's where you're wrong, Red. I may be a whore, but I'm also mafia royalty. In fact, I'll be your boss within the month."

"Is that a threat?"

"It's a fact, babe. I don't need Liam Murphy to lead The Collectors. It's my birthright. He is the one who needs me. Not the other way around."

"What are you suggestin'?"

"That you'll enjoy fulfilling my needs. You'll enjoy the way I repay you for your services too." I swayed my hips to the music, making sure I rubbed up against his length.

He released a deep groan.

I continued, "And I...well, you must know by now how proficient I am with my mouth. I'm happy to go somewhere private and demonstrate."

"You know that can't happen." He said it with conviction, but his eyes were still ablaze, his cock thick and needy against my thigh.

"No? That's too bad. I'm sure you fantasize about the day you took me from the airport, how you wanted to stuff your cock deep into my throat to shut me up."