Chapter 55

POV: Sloan

Liam Murphy stared intently at my exposed sex, a hungry beast closing in on its exhausted prey. He hadn't even bothered to remove his suit jacket yet, too excited at the prospect of finally tasting me as he pried my legs further apart.

I jolted when his narrow nose coasted up my slit, his nostrils flaring as he inhaled my scent deeply. The action was eerily reminiscent of that first night on the couch. Only there were no leggings between us this time. No barrier to protect me from his naked touch.

"I should bend you over my knee and whip your arse raw for your betrayal, macushla. I would be well within my rights."

He was tall and ripped enough to do whatever he desired to me. If he wanted to spank me like an errant child, there was little I could do to stop him.

Panic rose. "Nothing happened, Liam. I didn't—"

His voice hardened. "Silence. I won't tolerate lies from you, Sloan. I'll learn everythin' that happened soon enough from your lovers, but it's obvious they made you come."

"You're imagining things," I argued.

He chuckled. "Oh really? Is that how I slid right into you with my finger at the table? Because I was imaginin' things?" His gaze flicked back to my core. "I guess I'm just imaginin' your swollen nub and holes and lips too."

"I..." I scrambled for an excuse and came up short.

What the hell could I say to that? My vagina was allergic to closets? That nightclubs gave me UTIs?"

He lifted his head, kissing my ring finger just beneath the gold band, then he brought the fingers he'd used to fuck me in the club to his lips and licked them clean.

"You'll be punished, but not right now. Right now, all I want is to taste you straight from the source. To make sure you know who owns your treacherous cunt."

Those amber eyes found and held mine as his head dipped, as he sucked my clit into his mouth without warning. He groaned against my sex, the low noise rumbling through everything that ached. I felt his tongue flicking and prodding the sensitive bud as the pressure and speed of his suction increased.

My nails dug into the leather seats on either side of my hips, my head kicking back.

A thick finger replaced his tongue as he thrust the wet warm muscle into my core, drinking me. Dimly, I wondered if he tasted Deacon's cum. It gave me no small amount of satisfaction knowing he was swallowing the remnants of the men I loved.

Liam might be able to claim me on a physical level, but he would never own my heart. I didn't care if we shared the same sad childhood. It wasn't enough to make me forget every horrid thing he'd done to me and my family.

He snagged my ankles and propped my feet on his shoulders, allowing his tongue to push in deeper, and I cried out. His mouth was unrelenting now as he thrust his tongue in and out of me, continuing to work my clit with his fingers. One hand reached up to grip my breast, which he squeezed before pinching the nipple.

"Yes, yes, yes. Fuck, yes." No longer feeling conflicted about crossing this line with Liam, I arched beneath his touch and whined. "I love the way you eat me, baby."

Everything had changed in that closet. Being with the three of them had given me strength, had reminded me who I really was and what I was capable of doing to survive. I wouldn't go quietly into my marriage bed or this future I hadn't chosen. I would fight with everything I had.

I felt pretty good about the offer I'd made Red. All that money and power would be damn near impossible to resist, especially for someone living in Liam's shadow. But I couldn't count on Red, nor could I afford to flinch for a single second.