Chapter 10

·.¸¸.·¯⍣✩ "CLOSER" ✩⍣¯·.¸¸.·

The two walked in the venue, arms interlocked looking like the perfect couple they made that drew the envious eyes of men and women dressed in classic yet faces nothing but symbolic of snakes.

It was the event like one of the formal business parties they had to -forcefully attend. As minuted passed by and they were met by people over people talking about nothing more or less than business and politics. YN excused herself and slipped off Jungkook's side.

As she took a seat on couch, a glass of wine twirling in between her fingers. The color matching that of her dress and lipstick. Eyes so dark as they stared at the man - Jungkook, standing a few feet away busy with the group of people. Looking even more devastating than usual in a black tuxedo. With his perfectly wavy hair and clean - shaven face, he could've passed for a world class idol on a red carpet.

Liquid electricity dripped down her spine and pooled in her stomach.

Regardless of the earlier stress that laid on his shoulders, he looked perfectly alright for the man who has been running errands without getting his proper sleep for days since he caught Hwan.

Or that's what he laid visible to YN.

She had no idea where he was the whole time, the day Hwan's sister died. Earlier, she caught him lying about Hwan dying without giving him any bit of information. Last time, a man died that was related to Hari's case- Jungkook went barsek for days. By days- it is meant 2 weeks and 3 days.

To think he returned after Hwan's death all calm had alarms setting off in her mind.

She watched quietly as a lady approached Jungkook casually brushing a hand over his arm. The group of three people stayed there lost in their conversation YN couldn't understand. But the touch on Jungkook's arm that didn't belong to her ignite flames of jealousy to her core. Her fingers flexed against the glass in her hand before they fell loose.

She knew the lady who went by the name Eva, the CEO of a fellow enterprise that they'd worked with once. She was a gorgeous lady in her mid-twenties. It was splendid doing business with her but it deserved praises and flowers as long as it stayed till business and not the hand on Jungkook's arm which was a little too personal for YN's taste. The third person other than the two was an old man in his late fifties, the chairman of the company and father of Eva.

A bullet hole in her forehead would be the perfect complement to her vanity. She would die young and unravaged by old age.

YN could be merciful ones, a death delivered with the swiftness of one silenced gunshot.

One bullet in the middle of the night. One bitch snuffed out forever

So easy

They were not committed. YN and Jungkook. It was not love, it was maddening.

Once the three seperated she saw her man marching towards her. Low, calculated strides. Even in a hall filled with a bunch of people, the sound of his soles against the marble tiles drummed in her ears so vividly.

8 feet away, 7 feet

6

5--

"Jungkook?" The steps came to a halt, an annoyingly beautiful voice of another lady that pierced through YN's skin, was heard. Her eyes shifted towards the source of the voice to find a lady in her early twenties. Dressed in white, pink plump lips and innocent cat eyes. Her eyes crackling like a lost angelic kid who found it's candy.

Jungkook turned to find Maya waving at him with a big smile on her face. He completely forgot about her.

Wrong time Maya wrong time.

The warning alarm went off in Jungkook's head however his face gave away nothing. Cool, calm, collected as ever.

"Maya" Jungkook addressed as the girl stopped in front of him.

Maya :"Hi, guess we are all unexpected meets and greets." He could see the faint blush appearing on her heart faced cheeks. Jungkook's stern face didn't fuzz even slightly which somehow crept a little anxiety up her spine.

They spent good time together. She thought, if nothing more, they atleast made good friends together.

JK :"My life is all about that. It's good to see you here."

Maya :"Ah... It's good to see you too. "

JK : "Enjoy the evening. I will see you around." He dismissed himself walking back to YN. Maya stood there dumbfounded. The emotion creeping up her chest-nothing less than pain and hurt. The shine in her eyes dimming to dull ashes.

She didn't expect much but maybe atleast he could ask how she was doing or maybe, maybe if it was not too much they could have another dance like before. Her eyes shifted towards Jungkook and the lady she saw the first night. Jungkook offered her a hand and the two walked towards the dance floor.

Right, I never belonged there to start with.

.
.
.

Jungkook placed his hands on her waist, he was taller than her by some good 5 inches. He couldn't refrain bringing his hand up and brushing through her hair. "I missed you." He whispered bringing his fingers down, tugging her strands behind her ear. "It's been days we had a proper conversation."

His fingers trailed further down as they traced against her collar bone before his eyes shifted back to stare in her dark ones.

Yn :"who are you blaming that for?"

JK :"I didn't like you coming out of that room smelling like sex and other man." YN pulled him down ever so slowly, till she was close, so close they could feel their breaths on each other.

"We set our boundaries. " She exhaled. "You are crossing them." She felt his fingers against her bare back messing with the crossed straps. "and I want to ask, on what basis? Have you started to fall in love or is it mere obsession?"

Jungkook didn't answer. Maybe he had no answer himself or maybe he didn't want to say it out loud. YN couldn't understand. But she surely noticed the trail of his eyes down her till they stopped on the faint marks of scratches he left that day with knife.

Jungkook kissed her. He was like an open book to YN in most cases, so predictable. He kissed her everytime he was confronted with a question he didn't want to answer or needed time to sort his shit.

He deepened the kiss, the grip holding her tightening as he ended the space between their bodies. "I am sorry about earlier." His fingers traced over the faded scar.

YN :"Right, I am sorry for killing Hwan's sister too. I didn't like you getting so worked up. I wanted a clear answer. I wanted to make it easy for you." He nodded, said nothing and pulled her in his embrace.

She was, all he had.

JK :" Once I take my revenge. I will answer your every question and I will make sure you know my intentions. "

He left a kiss against the top of her her head and her temple, down to her cheek and her shoulder.

Be mine.