Chapter 11

·.¸¸.·¯⍣✩Waiting for Snowfall ✩⍣¯·.¸¸.·

Her eyes, as sharp as the spear which held the darkness that could swallow any living as they took in the man who sat on the chair a few feet away from her. His back faced her and the only thing visible to her was his hand holding a cigar occasionally inhaling puffs of smoke through it.

If not YN's patience then thanks to those few metre distance between them that blessed the man to keep his hand attached to his body.

"Because I know" The man spoke, voice calm yet threatening "You would do anything to save Jungkook. You're letting him become your weakness that tempts me to remove him from your life even more."

YN:"Even after everything I provided you with, you can not let me keep that one ounce of warmth I'm left with." She almost spat at how bitter her tone came out then expected. The thought of a harmful hand laying on him made her angrier than it should.

YN :"What makes you think you would win after hurting him. You're calling your own death. So listen carefully." She slammed her hands against the table in front of her, eyes spitting fire and teeth clenched. It took her everything to keep herself from drilling holes in that man's skull till he was unable to take Jungkook's name through his tongue.

YN :" Lay a hand on him and I will bring hell to your doorstep. I will make sure of it, personally. "

The sound of heels echoing the placing that suddenly turned piercing silent till it dissappeared on the other side of the door. The man turned around to lay his eyes where YN stood once. His eyes taking in the knife that dug against the wood of the table very well aware that it could be his heart instead of the furniture yet it left no trace of fear in him.

"I made you, who you are today. You can never step ahead of me."

✩⍣¯·.¸¸.··.¸¸.·¯⍣✩✩⍣¯·.¸¸.··.¸¸.·¯⍣✩

"Let me"

Jungkook said as he removed YN's hands from her heels and instead knelt infront of her. She let him, watched him quietly as he did his work with such care as if some slight power would break her apart.

He very well knew the nature of YN, yet, the times he would treat her like a butterfly are the times when her heart would do strange things to her. Things like jumping and flipping around.

Which she never understood because how could an organ do that.

They were still at the party, she was seated at the couch as apparently a waiter spilled drink on her heels. The poor soul almost considered himself dead because a man almost 6 feet, broad shoulders and mascular body emerged from somewhere towering his 5'7 self.

"is it your eyes I shall take out? or your hands, because apparently both aren't working properly." that's what he said which had the poor soul bowing several times in apologies till the lady dragged him away.

YN fixed a strand of his hair which fell loose above his forehead as the man was clearly focused on massaging her soles.

No one will hurt you. Not yet. Not as long as I'm here.

" We're done here for the night. Let's go back."He said to which she nodded.

Jungkook picked her up bridal style, holding her heels in one hand which dangled down freely. The two stepped out of the venue ignoring the eyes on them including the ones that reflected nothing more than pain and hurt.

JK :" Why are you looking at me like that?" his eyes stayed on the pavement ahead of him focusing on keeping her safe in his arms better.

"Mhmm?" She hummed playing with his hair. There was a soft look in her eyes that took in his features. The look of adoration and love. Which was rare. "How am I looking at you?"

He placed her on the bonnet of their car standing in front of her. His hands resting on her thighs and eyes making an illegal contact. "As if you're going to fall for me."

YN :"Do you want me to fall for you, Jungkook?" if anything, Jungkook knew very well YN had the art of escaping a question or might as well twist it enough to redirect it back towards the other. Just like this time. Like she does always. Gets someone caught in a most miserable state. A question that clenched his heart leaving him unable to breath. His heart warned him to jump out of his chest if he doesn't says "yes" but his brain knew better.

"We promised not to. "

There was silence after that, the hustle and bustle dying in the background as the darkness of the night filled the void residing in their hearts. Her fingers played with his shirt buttons casually or was she avoiding looking in his eyes. His heart played games with him but he knew, he needed to stop himself before he gets himself in another mess than what he was going through already.

"Your body temperature is dropping. It's cold. Let's get you home." He placed his hands on her waist to pick her up yet her resistance Made him drop his hands.

"The forecast told it's going to snow tonight.  Let's wait a few minutes then we'll return." She gripped his shirt pulling him closer to her so he ended up between her legs. Her head resting against his chest and she could feel the wild drums of his heart against his chest.

Jungkook balled his fists keeping them beside him with his teeth clenched. They have been together for years but his heart finally Decided to betray him. He needed to remind himself, now wasn't the time for all this love bullshit. They needed to focus on a hell lot of other things.

JK :"You're only in a dress. It's freezing cold YN. what--"

"Shhhh. Just stay. Please."

That please, that 6 letter word could make him burn the whole world for her if she wanted. It was just waiting for the snow.

The two stayed there, in silence, only the sound of their heart beating against their chest and the low hums of music coming somewhere from the background from inside the venue could be heard. He slowly twirled his fingers against her hair while she kept her face hidden in his chest.

A part of Jungkook wanted to end this there and pull apart and another part of him wanted this moment to never end. He would hardly get to witness the soft side of YN. He could never let this skip even if it was going to ruin him. He would gladly accept it and so he did. He caged the voices in his brain that screamed at him to run away. Locked them in a box and threw them in a far corner where even he wouldn't be able to reach.

He unclenched his fists and gradullay wrapped his arms around her, providing her the warmth she was in need of. The phone buzzed somewhere in his coat pocket. Once then twice then thrice but he ignored every text that reached him.

Suga :
"where are you?"
"we need to talk"
"I found something."

✩⍣¯·.¸¸.··.¸¸.·¯⍣✩✩⍣¯·.¸¸.··.¸¸.·¯⍣✩

A

ny guesses who that man is? 😁

Please subscribe while you're at it. I will be grateful!
https://youtube.com/@moonlightbaby96?si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

com/@moonlightbaby96?si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE