9. Take Me Flying

The heavy whisper tickled her ear to the point that it sent chills down her spine.

Then, she felt the vampire bring her body to swing to the side and fall out, against the wind with their heads facing down.

They were falling. The vampire brought Triana down from the highest part of the castle to the ground below. The tickling sensation in her stomach, chest, and throat made her unable to scream, especially since her head was facing downwards.

Her hands gripped the black garment of the vampire who was hugging her. Triana didn't understand what his purpose was in doing this. Did he want them to die together?

For a second, Triana opened her eyes slightly to peek and make sure that she was falling down for real. She saw a glimpse of trees with their fast-moving branches.

'I don't want to die. Father, mother, my sisters… I want to go home…' Triana cried to herself.

The feeling of falling was getting stronger to the point where Triana had a bit of trouble breathing. She believed that soon everything would end along with her life.

She would not be able to see anything or hear anything anymore. She would join her ancestors. She would leave all her happiness and the people she loved in this world.

However, when Triana had lost hope and accepted that her life would end soon, she suddenly felt a strange and surprising sensation in her body that made her feel as if her head squeezed tightly.

Feeling the sensation of falling straight down, and in an instant changed to pushing up, putting aside the influence of the movement against gravity made her want to vomit. She reflexively opened her eyes.

At the same time, the extreme movement stopped and she was now standing in the wind. Her irises widened at the sight of the shining full moon with the vast dark forest below.

Her hands were still gripping the garment of the two big arms that were wrapping around her stomach because she realized that she was flying in the sky. Then, Triana felt strong winds blowing back and forth alternately around her.

Still, in her confusion, Triana turned to the side and gasped when something large with dark-grey colour felt like almost hit her in the face. However, she soon realized that it would never do. She turned her head more to look back and make sure that it really was a giant wing.

Gasping, Triana immediately looked up. Her breath seemed to stop when she found a pair of brown eyes watching her. The face with the sharp jawbones and the dark reddish shade around the eyes looked flat and cold.

They stared at each other - A pair of daylight blue eyes and a pair of twilight brown eyes. Slowly, Triana's eyes trundled a little to pay attention to the giant wings that kept flapping behind this vampire's back.

"Show me where the witch's lair is," Vlador said.

Triana blinked, then cleared her throat briefly. "I-I'm not sure,"

"Well…" Vlador stared at the sea of ​​trees in front of his eyes. "A bird in a cage never navigates its own way."

"Oh! What are you doing?!" Triana screamed as the vampire behind her changed their body position to be horizontal like a bird in flight.

Vlador didn't answer, but deftly, he turned the human girl's body face down which made her shriek in fear.

"The useless beast made me have to find the place myself," Vlador muttered. Then, he smiled broadly. "You look scared. Looking at the scenery below should cure your fear."

Triana could not answer. Her eyes widened as she looked down, where the treetops were right before her eyes. Rows of teeth pressed against each other with a piercing sensation to the heart because she felt like her body would fall on the treetops. She couldn't imagine what it would cause to her body. Broken limbs, scratches, open wounds, you name it.

However, two large hands encircled her stomach. Once again, she had to remember that her life and the vampire's were tied together. He would never let her die. Even though she felt like she was about to fall now, she was sure that this vampire wouldn't let her.

A large wave of wind swirled again from behind Triana's body. She could hear the flapping sound of the wings, and the scenery below began to move past her.

Following her instincts, Triana grabbed the vampire's arm. However, slowly, her fear faded. Her long hair was blown by the night wind which felt so cold that it made her body shiver slightly. Even so, this view was breathtaking, even at night. The bright moonlight allowed her to see quite clearly.

Vlador's eyes moved in all directions. Using his far-vision ability, he continued to dive into the forest to find various houses that sat between them. However, his brow furrowed slightly and his light-brown eyes rolled down to stare at the girl in his arms.

"This wasn't the reaction I was expecting," He muttered.

The enchanting wide view had conjured Triana's entire attention. The cold wind that hit her face and shook her thick eyelashes felt tickling, for some reason making her want to chuckle.

It was a dream. Yes, Triana once flew, but in her dream. Inside, she had wings and was free to roam the sky like a bird. Now, that dream had come true. For the first time, she could see the wide world. Never once crossed her mind that the vampire would take her flying.

A thin smile crossed her face. Slowly, Triana let go of one of her grips and reached her hand forward to feel the freezing air pass between her fingers. She chuckled.

Vlador's pair of brown eyes looked at the girl in front of him. He frowned at the childish smile on that face and the little hand that was outstretched. He shook his head slowly as he let out a small chuckle.

After flying for a few minutes in the forest sky, Triana reflexively pulled her hand back to clasp Vlador's arm after they suddenly swooped down. She bit her lower lip to keep a scream from escaping her lips.

With great speed and brute force, Vlador flew down like an eagle about to catch its prey. His eyes focused on a rickety house standing in the middle of a lush forest.

As soon as he almost hit the ground, Vlador swiftly changed his body position so that he landed on his feet. His arrival sent the branches swaying violently and the dry leaves on the ground flying. When he landed, all the leaves were swept away from the ground he stepped on.