27. Undress

Staring at the faint light behind the dark clouds that kept pouring water, Vlador was reminded of himself when he was still a little prince.

He often sneaked out of his mother's residence and played in the rain. It was a wonderful time because he didn't have any burdens to think about and had a vampire body that couldn't get sick like human children.

Awakened from his reverie, Vlador realized that he had been looking out the window long enough. Then, he looked back, thinking the gosling was done with her business, for she sounded so quiet.  But his eyebrows immediately wrinkled when he found her still wrapped in her dirty dress.

"Why don't you change your clothes? Are you playing with me?" Vlador asked directly.

Startled, Triana lowered her hand that was aiming behind her shoulder. She stared in horror at Vlador who stepped toward her. "I-I'm not playing with you. I… have trouble opening the laces of my dress,"

Dress laces? Vlador grabbed one of Triana's shoulders and made her turn her back. Yes, of course the gosling couldn't take it off. Besides that she definitely never put on and took off her dress on her own, all the laces were tied very tightly and the knots were neatly hidden.

"If you're having a hard time, why are you silent?" Vlador asked while slipping his finger into the folds of the garment on the back of Triana's dress.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Triana asked with her back stiffening instantly.

"Certainly untie your dress's laces, gosling. What? Are you saying you'll do it yourself?" Vlador replied.

"I…" Triana no longer continued to speak.

She was stupid. But she shouldn't be so stupid as to think that she didn't need help untying her dress laces. Finally, Triana sat down and let Vlador help her.

Even though he never messed with women's clothing, Vlador had no trouble opening the laces of Triana's dress. Women's clothes a hundred years ago had more complex designs and Vlador had witnessed several times how the women opened them before him.

Pulling the laces a few times until Triana's dress loosened, Vlador thought his nose would soon be free from the gosling's scent that whetted his appetite.  However, he found another layer of white cloth under her dress.

Vlador's brow furrowed. "What is this?"
"Th-this is a stay," Triana replied with a face hung down.

"A Stay? I don't remember ever seeing one," Vlador muttered. "What are you wearing this for? It is stiff and tied so tightly,"

"It's used to maintain my body posture and control my eating," Triana answered quietly. Then she cleared her throat.  "Can you help untie the stay too, please?"

"Do women nowadays always use things like this?" Vlador asked while tugging at the knot of the tightly-tied laces.

"I think women in old times wore something like this too," Triana muttered.

"Well, I've never slept with royalty or noble. I also did not pay attention to women's clothing. Maybe someone used it but escaped my attention? I'm not sure," Vlador muttered while remembering.

"Wearing stays is a trending fashion habit since years ago. As far as I know, only noble and royalty women wear them. Ordinary women, especially those who work hard physically, don't wear stays because they'll only interfere with their daily activities," Triana explained.

"It has a tough shape and is tied very tightly. This is surprising because I'm sure you've been having trouble breathing all this time," Vlador smiled while shaking his head.

Nodding slightly, Triana replied, "To be honest, I did feel a bit cramped, especially when I was just learning to wear this for the first time. But beauty is painful, and I'm used to it,"

"If being noble and beautiful must leave you breathless, isn't it better to just be an ordinary person and be able to breathe as you please? Why are you people so weird?"

Trina shook her head slowly. "The difference is that ordinary people have to work so hard that they can't wear stays. Whereas we nobles wear stays but there is no need to work hard and we only need to look elegant,"

"I see both are a choice. So you choose to be elegant but cannot breathe?" Vlador chuckled.

Silenced for a moment, Triana answered in a low voice, "Actually, I don't know,"
"I can see it," Vlador smiled condescendingly.

At the same time, the stay's laces were finally off so the stay was opened, exposing Triana's smooth upper back.  Vlador could see a large up and down movement in her back, indicating that the gosling was finally breathing properly.

However, with the dress and stay open, now the upper body of the gosling was only covered by a thin undergarment and the stronger her scent wafted out.  Previously, Vlador intended to immediately leave his spot. However, he realized something that kept him there.

Touching the bite wound on Triana's neck, Vlador made her flinch away. But quickly, he gripped her upper arm to keep her there. "Do not move,"

"Wh-what are you going to do?" Triana tried to look back, but she failed because Vlador held her body strongly. "Mr. Vlador?"

"Your wound - It's almost healed completely. Now it just looks like a rash," Vlador said. He rubbed the wound with his thumb while gulping down the saliva that had pooled under his tongue.

"Is it?" Triana immediately touched her wound as well. "You are right. It doesn't even hurt anymore and doesn't have any texture,"

"How could it be? This wound was even still a bit wet before. Now it's flat to the skin around it," Vlador muttered.

"I almost never get wounded. But I'm sure that no wounds heal this fast,"  Triana said with a thinking face. "Is it because this is a vampire bite wound?"

"It's not," Vlador shook his head slightly.  "The bite wound should be the same as any other wound. But I never pay attention too much because I usually drink human blood or eat them until they die."

"O-oh…" Triana cleared her throat as she moved her hand to cover her neck. "Well, Mr. Vlador, thank you for helping me take off the laces. Now, I can get changed, so… if you don't mind, could you wait there again?"

However, behind her back, the gosling had no idea that Vlador's eyes had turned bright red. His fingers which were still pressed against the skin of her soft back had grown long black fingernails. His tongue moved to lick his increasingly sharp fangs.

Feeling a prick on her skin, Triana quickly turned her back with force until she locked eyes with Vlador. Her eyes widened and her pupils trembled to see Vlador's changed form.

"My God!" She shrieked as she shifted backwards while holding her clothes.

Triana's terrified expression made Vlador blink until his sense was reunited. He immediately turned his face and got up from the bed.

Grabbing his new tunic, Vlador went back to the window. "Quickly clean yourself and get changed. I won't be turning for too long like a fool. I'll be back there when I'm done,"