26. Oh, God...

The warm air from the fireplace seemed to envelop Triana just like her mother's hug.

Continuing to direct her palms which felt frozen while flying earlier, she began to get her sense back at the tips of her fingers. She did not expect that sitting in front of an old fireplace like this would feel like heaven to her. It's been a tiring two days.

The sound of shoes squeaking on the wooden floor made Triana remember that she was not alone. She immediately turned to find Mr. Vlador standing beside her.

"O-oh…" She stood up and smiled awkwardly. "Thank you for persuading that woman to give me a chamber,"

"She said this chamber shouldn't be rented out," Vlador said coldly.

Those two light brown eyes seemed to bewitch Triana for a moment to be sucked into them. As soon as she came to her senses, she swiftly turned her gaze to the side, hoping that the burning sensation on her cheeks was just her feeling. It would be so embarrassing if Mr. Vlador saw her cheeks blush.

Since Triana first saw Mr. Vlador change his form to resemble a human, she could never stop herself from being awkward.  Her heart continued to beat loudly when their eyes met. She was getting nervous because all she knew, Mr. Vlador could feel the rush of blood flowing through her veins.

Beautiful. That was the right word to describe Mr. Vlador as a human. Yes, from the start, Mr. Vlador was indeed handsome. However, his good looks were somewhat obscured by the sinister aura that enveloped him. In his true form, he had pale skin, pointed black nails, and fangs. His eyes seemed to be surrounded by a faint ring of dark reddish colour which made him look like a demon that had risen from hell.

But now, all the things that make Mr. Vlador look evil had disappeared. He had skin that -although still pale- was fresh enough not to make him look like a walking corpse. The neat row of teeth hiding behind his red lips made Triana imagine how beautiful a smile they could make.

Mr. Vlador was no longer ranked in the top twenty of the most handsome men Triana had ever seen. He occupied the top three positions, ranked number two, to be exact, because the first rank was definitely sat by Prince Lucius, her future husband.

"Is the fever getting worse?"

Triana's eyes widened when a large, slightly chill hand slipped into her hair and clung to her neck and jaw. She immediately dodged by stepping back.

"I-I think it will be better after I get a proper rest tonight," She said with an awkward chuckle.

Hand still floating in the air, Vlador gave a small nod. "I hope so,"

Suddenly, a knocking sound was heard from the door. Then Vlador turned and opened it.

"Thank you for waiting, Mr. Vlad. We brought a pair of nightgowns and a washing basin," Said one of the two maidservants.

Vlador nodded once. "Put everything by the bed."

"Well," They replied.

Watching the two maidservants put down a women's undergarments and a thin men's tunic, and a washing basin, Triana's brow furrowed. But she smiled thinly when the maidservants greeted her briefly with a 'good rest' saying.

As soon as the two maidservants left and Vlador had closed the chamber door, he stepped to the edge of the bed, where Triana was standing still there.

"Clean yourself and get changed. I want to see you well tomorrow. Therefore, rest properly," Vlador said while briefly checking the stuff that the maidservants placed there.

"W-wait a moment…" Triana made Vlador look at her. Then she took a hard gulp. "I... have to clean myself here?"

"If you want to do it outside, that's up to you. But I'm sure this small inn is no better than a large inn that only has one toilet on each floor." Vlador replied.

Triana was silent watching the basin filled with hot water that was still steaming and had a sprinkling of flower petals and giving off the scent of perfume oil which smelled a bit too strong to her.  She could even see some large puddles of oil on the still slightly rippled water.

"You should wash with that water. Cleanse your body," Vlador said again.

Raising her face back, Triana cleared her throat. "Well, Mr. Vlador. In advance, I thank you for taking the initiative to provide this for me. Unfortunately, I can't clean myself with a strange man in the same room. So… may you be willing to wait outside?"

"No." Vlador answered firmly and coldly, making Triana immediately press her lips tightly together. "Wasting time in the inn, providing you with facilities, and putting up with your spoiled attitude is enough to tarnish my pride as a vampire prince. Now you're thinking of making me wait in the hall like a slave?"

Triana gulped down like swallowing a lump of gravel. "But… I really can't take off my clothes in front of you. I am a respectable noblewoman with a future husband. This chamber is also tiny. In fact, I'm fine if I have to sleep in my current clothes,"

"No, you will not. You should throw away those smelly clothes and clean your body. Do I sound clear?" Vlador said firmly.

Lowering her face, Triana tried to catch her breath. This was a small thing that should not be a reason for her to feel hopeless and want to cry. However, she was never forced to change her clothes in front of a man, not even her own father.

Throughout her life, Triana was mostly surrounded by maids, sisters, and female friends. They said, a girl who let her naked body be seen by a man who was not her husband, was the same as losing her dignity as a virgin.

"I will not do you bad,"

Triana raised her gaze to meet Vlador's eyes. "Pardon?"

"I'm not a man who will sleep with any naked woman, even though she opens her legs in front of me. To me, you are just a piece of flesh with flowing blood.  My only desire that is aroused by you is hunger, not sexual," Vlador said.

Pursing her lips, Triana blinked a few times. "I'm sorry, but I actually didn't think that far. I just… don't want to be seen…" she explained in a lowered voice at the end of the sentence because her cheeks were getting warm again.

Silence for a while, Vlador nodded once. "Then I will turn my back on you. I believe that's enough,"

Turn his back? Yes... actually, that was fine, as long as he could guarantee that he wouldn't peek. During her life, Triana had never been trapped in a suffocating situation like now. Well, maybe some rules would be allowed to be broken if circumstances force it.

"Very well. Please, Mr. Vlador, turn your back on me and please don't turn around before I allow you to," Triana nodded.

"I'm not moving according to your orders. Do it quickly," Vlador replied before stepping towards the window.

When Mr. Vlador faced the window, Triana let out a long sigh. Keeping her gaze fixed on him, she brought her hands to her back. However, after a few minutes of fumbling until her hands started to cramp, she still could not find the location of the strap's knot of her dress.

"Oh, God..." She muttered quietly.