10. Forever A Chained Vampire

Triana felt Vlador's arms around her waist loosen, then her feet finally landed on the ground.

As soon as Vlador let go of his hands, Triana fell to her knees with her body trembling. Just now, she was happy to be flying in the sky. But now, she was truly grateful to be able to touch the ground again.

The sound of footsteps passing by Triana made her turn her head. The vampire was walking towards the witch's house which was a few meters ahead of them.

This was the first time Triana saw the full form of a vampire's wings. As a teenager, she had seen vampire wings in the royal palace of Rotherez Kingdom.

It was a pair of vampire wings displayed on the wall of the palace's official dining hall. The king was very proud of the wings and said that they were cut directly by his grandfather before killing the vampires they caught on a hunt one hundred and fifty years ago.

However, Triana didn't expect that the vampire wings that were still fresh and connected to their owner looked even more amazing and scarier. It looked like the wings of a bat, but with gigantic size and looked very thick and strong.

The wings were bent close and the length made their tips almost touch the ground. Triana gasped as she watched the giant wings rapidly shrink down to their base and merged into the vampire's back.

Unconsciously, Triana's jaw hung, but it immediately closed when the vampire whose back she was watching, turned his back and stared coldly at her.

"How long will you prone there? Are you expecting the wolves to come to pounce at you?"

Blinking, Triana immediately stood up, then patted her dress to get rid of the leaves and clean the dirt that couldn't be removed. In all her life, this was the first time she had worn clothing as dirty as this.

"I-I'm coming,"

"Tsk! You keep wasting my time," Vlador complained while looking at the girl who was half running up to him.

Biting her lower lip, Triana glanced at the vampire beside her. However, she didn't have the courage to hold her gaze for more than a second. She returned her gaze to the front and gulped.

"I'm sorry. But, just now, you landed very roughly from the sky. My body couldn't take it. Plus, my body is still weak because I just lost quite a lot of blood." Triana said.

"You will feel your body is weak if you think you are weak. You didn't help me at all in finding this place, yet hindered my aim now." Vlador hissed.

"Well…" Triana managed to lift her chin. "If you feel that way, then I apologize. But you should know that I've tried."

Vlador rolled his eyes. Then he stretched his palm forward, aiming at the door in front of them. In an instant, a violent gust of wind came out of it, knocking the door loose from its frame.

Triana jumped back with both hands clutching her chest. In fact, they could knock on the door. However, this vampire instead chose to directly destroy the door. It was very much rude!

Stepping into the witch's house, Vlador screened the entire room. Half of his upper lip twitched up to reveal a fang.
"My castle, which has been abandoned for over a hundred years, is still even cleaner and tidier than this place. Gross." He muttered.

"You have smashed the door of my house and are now insulting my house. It seems that you still haven't learned your vices, Dracount."

The high-pitched witch's voice made Vlador and Triana turn their heads. Since earlier, they had not found the existence of the witch in this room-less house. However, the witch suddenly appeared in her rocking chair.

"The only thing I have to learn is how to torture you a hundred times over the torture you gave me," Vlador replied.
"Hhihihihihi…" The witch's shoulders shook. "Your arrogance will lead you to deeper misery,"

"Ma'am, please remove this curse from me. How could you trick me when I have done exactly what you asked?" Triana asked, standing beside the vampire.

The rocking chair the witch was sitting on swivelled around to face the two cursed persons. The corners of her lips pulled wide across her face until they almost met the corners of her jaw.

"I don't need to keep my honour for the people like you. I'm just keeping my promise to someone who deserves it. But as for you two, I would cheat a hundred times to watch you suffer." A long laugh like a crow flying over a carcass followed the witch's words.

"Oh… Ma'am... I beg you! I can't live like this. You have ruined my life. Please, lift this curse off me. I will give you whatever you want. I can't go back home like this… I'm the daughter of a well-known duke," Triana said with tears welling up in her eyes.

The witch's smile was still there. "Look at that face. Lastly, I see the arrogance there. However, even with what happened to you now, you still speak as if you have the world in your hands."

"Shut that filthy mouth of yours, hag!" Vlador stepped roughly toward the witch. "How dare you speak like an angel of truth when you're a lowly, dirty witch who likes to deceive?! Do you think those words proper to come out of your disgusting mouth?"

Seeing the vampire approaching the witch, Triana immediately followed him and stood one step behind his back because she didn't dare to get too close to the witch who had cursed her.

Vlador's fingernails extended up to five centimetres. He raised his hand in front of his chest to show all the black, pointed fingernails at the witch in front of him.

"Remove your curse from me now, or I will take the life of your body immediately," Vlador growled deeply.

"Hihihi… You dare to do it? If I die, the curse will forever be on you." The witch leaned forward to bring her face closer to Dracount's.

Undeterred, Vlador sharpened his gaze. "I will finish you like I finished your sisters."

Vlador's words made the witch rise to her feet so quickly that Triana sacredly stepped back.

Glaring eyes, the witch looked back at Dracount with a wide grin that revealed her rotten teeth. "Even if you burn me alive, I will never let you escape my curse for a second! Forever, you are a vampire with a chain around your neck! Hahahaha-"

SLASH!!

"Ah!" Triana's eyes widened. She covered her mouth with both hands.

The skinny body fell back into its rocking chair. Her head fell back, and hung on the backrest of a chair with four large, deep cuts in her neck that were almost split off.