19. Mirror On The Wall

Triana's heart thumped loudly. She felt a chill run from her back up to her neck.

Stepping closer to Mr. Vlador, Triana looked around. "P-please allow me to at least be near you. It… won't attack you, right?"

"That never happened before," Vlador replied.

Triana nodded. "Mr. Vlador, I promise to keep my life safe so that we both save,"

The words Triana said made Vlador turn to her with a questioning look.  Meanwhile, Triana only gave an awkward grin. It seemed he understood what she meant from her sentence. She just wanted to confirm to the vampire that their lives were linked, so whether he liked it or not, he had to protect her.

However, Mr. Vlador did not show what Triana imagined. She thought he would say something in anger or at least give an expression of displeasure. However, his face and gestures made her clueless as to what was on his mind - even if there was.

Suddenly, the vampire approached her, causing her to step back. He stared flatly at Triana and stopped when her heel hit a large chest.

"Is… is there something?" Triana asked.

An instant later, a black bag with a drawstring floated in front of her face.

"You know this era better. Fill this bag with high-value and easiest-to-sell items. We will use it on the way," Vlador said.

Eyes blinking, Triana took the bag that was almost the same size as her head. She nodded slowly and let out a long sigh. She thought the vampire would do bad things to her because he felt offended by her words just now.

"Sure thing," Triana said.

Then, the vampire turned his back to leave her. He also had a similar bag and Triana didn't know exactly when he took the bags. It seemed like they suddenly existed in his hands
Could he do magic? He could throw a strong wind from his hands to close and open the door without touching it.  Actually, what were the abilities of a vampire?

But the strange thing was that, with their great strength and all their supernatural abilities, they were still defeated by humans who could only rely on weapons.

'I'd better not have to think about unimportant things now. I have to be useful because Mr. Vlador has let me come in here,' Triana thought while shrugging her shoulders.

Hills of gold coins mixed with jewels, tiaras, gemstones, and more, were in several corners of the bedchamber-sized room which had three room dividers made of dark red stained glass.

So far, gold was the easiest thing to use for transactions. Triana filled her bag with coins and secretly tried on some beautiful tiaras that she believed belonged to princesses of old kingdoms.  She also found quite a number of daily stuff made of gold and decorated with precious stones. She didn't expect that filling this bag would be so much fun.

With her bag almost full, Triana thought about looking for other items that might have a higher value. So, she screened around the room as she stood up.

A red room divider made her narrow her eyes. What was behind it? From its hazy glass, Triana saw something like a large black wardrobe.

Glancing at Mr. Vlador, who was filling his bag with his back on her, Triana tiptoed towards the room divider.

When she got there, Triana once again turned to Mr. Vlador. He probably wouldn't like it if she explored his treasure room as she pleased. Since childhood, Triana had always been taught not to check or enter places she didn't recognize because it might be dangerous for her.

However, she had a big curiosity. As long as her parents weren't around, she might be able to break their rules once without getting caught, right?

The slender legs stepped behind the divider. As she could see from the other side of the divider, it was just a medium-sized room with a large, wide black wardrobe that stood opposite a dark red lounger.

Turning back to the direction she entered, Triana gulped and approached one of the wardrobe doors. Slowly, she opened it and was relieved that it didn't make a sound.

"Gowns?" She muttered involuntarily before covering her mouth with her hand.

Three beautiful gowns hung in the wardrobe. All were dark in colour but have pretty details. Did Mr. Vlador loot all these clothes? Or… could he have had a woman before? If she thought about it, with his beautiful face, it was certainly strange that Mr. Vlador didn't have a woman.

Triana closed back the wardrobe door. It seemed that this room was specifically for storing clothes that had special meaning for the owner of this castle. Therefore, she decided not to wander any further.

However, when she was about to leave the room, she noticed a large, suspicious red curtain in the middle of the room's wall. Since they had come down the stairs earlier, this room should have been underground. The curtain couldn't be covering a window, right?

Without further thinking, Triana immediately approached the curtain. Well, she was already in this room - she couldn't possibly leave with curiosity in her heart, could she? Who knew if she would find the painting of Mr. Vlador and the owner of the gowns? She couldn't deny that his mysteriousness honestly piqued her curiosity.

Holding the edge of the curtain, Triana slowly pulled it open a little. However, it was not an area of ​​the painting that she found, but a reflection of her own body. Her eyes widened as she realized that it was a mirror!

Triana's body froze with her hand still holding the edge of the curtain. This was the thing she was constantly looking for - An object that allowed her to see the appearance of her accursed face which had turned ugly.

Pressed her lips, Triana took a deep breath. She closed her eyes tightly to muster up the courage. However, she should see the condition of her current face. She may cry hysterically or pass out after this, but that was better than not knowing what she looked like at all.

Still with her eyes closed, Triana stepped forward while bringing the edge of the curtain farther so that the mirror was wide open. When she was sure that she had opened the curtain big enough, she turned to face it with her heart pounding.

Slowly, Triana opened one eye to peek. But quickly, another eye opened. Now, the pair of sky-blue eyes were wide open, fixated on the large mirror in front of them.

Touching her own cheek, Triana frowned and muttered, "My face doesn't change,"
"I thought you were afraid of the monster?"

Triana's eyes widened at the sound of Mr. Vlador who felt very close behind her. She immediately turned around. However, she gasped when she found a tall body right in front of her face.

Looked up, Triana's pupils constricted as her gaze met with a pair of fiery brown irises glaring at her. Then, her brow quickly furrowed again. She turned around to look in the mirror and found herself standing alone in this room.