14. Restain Myself

The human body was different from the vampire body.

Humans easily felt hungry. They needed to eat and drink.  When their energy was drained but they were still forced to move, they would become weak and even lose consciousness.

Before being cooped up for a hundred years, Vlador had never even socialized with humans. In fact, he only knew a few about them. All this time, all he cared about was what type of human whose blood tasted more delicious and all the ugliness of their nature.

"Hey, wake up! Don't die!" Vlador said in a rather loud voice.

However, even though he had tried to wake this girl up many times, her eyes kept closing. Vlador had completely forgotten that humans were very weak, and it seemed that this girl was one of the weakest. He did not understand why she had to faint just because she had lost a little blood and vomited.

A violent wind hit Vlador's body. Trees rushed past him at top speed –No- it only looked as if it was because he was the one running at a speed that was faster than the racehorse.

His arms protected an unconscious human girl from the hard winds that hit their bodies. In his life, Vlador had never run while holding someone in his arms. It turned out that this big dress was really troublesome.

Previously, Vlador thought of enjoying the morning atmosphere in the middle of the forest after a hundred years of rotting in the dungeons. However, it seemed that he couldn't live his life peacefully as long as this damn curse still bound him. He had a parasite that would continue to trouble him.

***

A tight feeling covered Triana's heart that made every beat of it feel as if a wooden block smashing her chest. With a frown, she slowly opened her heavy eyes.

This felt like a recurring dream. Triana found herself staring at the dark ceiling with throbbing pain killing her head.
What happened? Why did this nightmare keep recurring?

"You're awake? Can you hear me?"
That deep voice with an agitated intonation made Triana drop her eyes to the side. The face of a pale man with light-brown eyes looked at her in greeting.

She knew this man. Previously, in her latest dream, he was perched at the foot of the bed like a monster bat. But now, he was sitting by the bed with an expression that seemed… worried.

Dry throat and mouth made Triana unable to answer. She only opened her lips slightly to try to make a sound, but only a small amount of air could be produced without being able to vibrate her vocal cords.

Suddenly, something hard and chill touched her lips. She frowned to see a cup stuck to the corner of her lips.

"Drink. You are dehydrated," Vlador said as he moved the cup so that the water could run into the girl's mouth.

In a lying position with half of her consciousness not yet returned, a cup of water came crashing into Triana's throat making her choke.

"Tsk…" Vlador growled and immediately moved the cup away when Triana coughed so the water spilt down her cheek and neck.

The freshness of the water that carelessly poured into her mouth brought Triana's full consciousness back. This was not a dream. Yes, the man beside her was a vampire. His name was Vlador Lev Dracount. They were cursed together by a now-dead witch.

Even though her body was still powerless, the shock made Triana able to move her body to the side and rest on one elbow. The water that rushed down her throat even had time to go up her nose first, making her keep coughing and having difficulty breathing.

"What's wrong with you?" Vlador asked with a frown.

Running out of patience, Triana glared at the vampire. "Are you… planning to choke me to death? Didn't you see… I was lying down?"

Vlador's eyes widened and his brow furrowed. "What's wrong with that? Can't you drink while lying down?"
"I am sick. I barely even woke up," Triana said in a weak voice again.

"Well, I don't know about that. At least you're awake now and that's good." Vlador shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh, God... Why do I have to go through this?" Triana muttered weakly as she lay back down. She held her head which was throbbing badly.

Ignoring Triana's depressed face, Vlador stood up with an empty cup in his hand. A few seconds later, he returned with a refilled one. "Now that you're sober, drink properly."

Glancing to the side, Triana tried to regulate her slightly panting breath. Without having to touch her body, she could feel that she had a slight fever. Slowly, she tried to sit up. But she didn't have to try hard because the vampire moved to grab her upper arm to help her.

"Thank you," Triana said softly before accepting the cup of water.

The last time Triana drank water was when she was in the carriage before arriving at Vlador's castle. The various surprising things that kept her adrenaline pumping made her keep forgetting that she was thirsty and needed to drink until she became completely dehydrated.

Brutally gulping down her water, Triana temporarily stopped her breath because, not only her dry tongue, but every organ in her body seemed to force her to hydrate them.

However, Triana had no idea that beside her, a vampire was watching her with his tongue moving slowly behind his teeth.

Vlador gulped with his eyes nailed to the long neck stretched out in front of him. The movement of the throat muscles that sent a stream of water down it, hypnotized all of his focus. His eyes moved slightly at the pulse that was beating in a rhythm.

That thin and soft neck still looked wet. Even the traces of the water drops that ran down it was still clearly visible as if making paths to two red dots surrounded by purplish rashes.

Triana took a deep breath as she finished with her last gulp. She lowered the empty cup with a satisfied sigh.

"I'm droughty," She muttered.
"Thank you for bringing me water-" Triana's words stopped when she turned to the vampire to return the cup.

"Um… Pardon me. What are you…" Triana frowned when she found the vampire silently pensive with a strange look.

Narrowing her eyes, Triana studied where Vlador's eyes were staring at. Then, her eyes widened as she realized that it was her neck. Immediately, she placed her drinking cup anywhere and used both hands to cover her neck.

"Wh-what are you staring at? You will die if I die. Don't ever think about doing it!"

"I know. But I believe you wouldn't say that if you knew how much I'm trying to restrain myself now," Vlador replied with his eyes still fixated on the neck that was covered by those two hands.