Chapter 16

1 week later

Rydel's POV

We'd left for tour this morning. We are currently at the airport waiting for our plane to come. I'm sitting next to Ellington, who'd fallen asleep on my shoulder. All of a sudden he wakes up.

"Hello sleepy head." I say.

"Shut up." he groans.

"Why Ellington Lee Ratliff! That's no way to treat your girlfriend!" I tease.

"We should go for a walk around the airport." he says, changing the subject.

"Okay, but if we miss our flight, we're dead." I say.

"We won't miss it. We have plenty of time." he says.

We've only walked a little bit when we run into a group of fans.

"Oh my gosh! It's Rydellington!" one of them exclaims.

"You guys are like the cutest couple ever!" another shrieks.

"Thank you." I say laughing. "But we're not a couple." I lie.

"You should be." a third girl says.

The first girl pokes her in the side. "You don't just say that!" she hisses.

Ell laughs. "It's okay." he says. "And hey, you never know what the future holds."

We take a few pictures with them and then stop at a Starbucks we run across. Then we walk around the airport for a bit just talking and drinking our coffee.

We go back to our gate. The chairs are completely empty. "Umm.. Ell are you sure this is our gate?" I ask.

He pulls out his plane ticket. "Yup, this is defiantly our gate." he says.

Uh oh. I run up to the closest flight attendant. "Excuse me miss. Has the flight to Miami already left?" I ask, even though I'm pretty sure I know what she's going to say.

"I'm sorry, the flight to Miami left five minutes ago." she says. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. This is bad.

"Umm, when does the next flight to Miami leave?" I ask.

"The next flight to Miami leaves at 2." she tells me.

It's 9 now. I quickly do the math. It's about a 5 hour flight. We'd get there just about on time for the show at 7..... if Florida wasn't 3 hours ahead of us.

"There's nothing else?" I ask.

"I'm sorry miss, that's all I have to offer you." she says apologetically.

Ellington's been standing next to me the whole time, a worried look on his face. "I have 19 missed calls." he says.

I pull out my phone. "22." I say.

I quickly pull out my phone and call Mom, then Dad, Riker, Ross, Rocky, Ryland.... none of them answer.

"We're in so much trouble." I groan.

"Hey, at least we're together." he says grabbing my hand.

"I guess." I say.

"We'll just get on the flight at two. I'm sure they can just postpone the show an hour." he says.

All of a sudden my phone starts ringing. It's Riker. Uh oh.

"Hi....." I say picking up the phone and putting it on speaker.

"RYDEL AND ELLINGTON DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH TROUBLE YOU'RE IN?!" he shouts into the phone.

"Well, based on your tone I'd say quite a lot." Ellington says.

I giggle. "Stop trying to make this funny Ellington. Dad and Andre (R5's manager) are going to kill you." he says.

"It was...." I start as I hear someone giggle into the phone.

It almost sounds like it came from behind me. I whip around to see my brother's standing there, laughing like idiots.

"Butttt... you..." I start.

"You guys were at the wrong gate." laughs Rocky.

"But the flight attendant said the flight to Miami already left." I say confused.

"We're going to Miami tomorrow, we're flying to Orlando tonight." exclaims Ryland.

"But Ell's plane ticket said...." I start.

"Um.. there's a slight possibility I misread it." he says.

"Idiot." I say.

"Hey! I forgot to put my contacts in." he exclaims.

"What about the missed phone calls?" I ask.

"Just to throw you off." laughs Ross.

"How did you know we went to the wrong gate?" I ask.

"We saw you walk right past us." says Riker.

"I really hate you guys." I say.

"Even me?" pouts Ellington.

"Ehhh..." I say.

He frowns at me.

"I'm kidding. I love you." I say.

"I love you too." he lightly kisses me.

My brothers all pretend to gag.

"You guys are so immature." I say rolling my eyes.

"I know." smirks Ross.

"Okay, we really need to get to our gate before we ACTUALLY miss our flight." laughs Riker.

I lightly shove him and then we head back to our gate.

AN: Hey! So this was kind of just a filler chapter so I'm sorry if I wasn't very interesting. I already have an idea for a major event that's going to happen but that won't be for quite a few chapters ;) But I promise there will be interesting chapters until then. I actually know pretty much how I'm ending this. :0 Don't worry it'll be awhile ;)

My goal for updating for the summer is going to be 1-2 chapters a week :) I GET OUT JUNE 5TH WOOT

ALSO THANKS SO MUCH FOR 3K IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME :)