Chapter 18

TIME JUMP-- 6 MONTHS LATER,  April 14th, 2015

Rydel's POV

                        "Wake up birthday boy!" I exclaim jumping on top of a sleeping Ellington.

The five of us had rented a band house a few months ago and it was where we were living for the time being. I had my own room, but I'd stayed with Ellington that night.

"UGHHHHHHH..." he groans, rolling over causing me to fall off of him.

"Get up! We have to be down at the radio station soon!" I exclaim.

"What time is it?" he groans.

"4:30 AM." I say.

"UGHHHHH." he groans.

"C'mon, I made breakfast for you." I say.

"Pancakes?" he asks.

"Nope, cereal." I say.

"Well aren't you just a master chef." he says sarcastically.

"Oh, you know it. Now get out of bed and stop complaining or I'll eat the cereal myself." I say.

"I'm afraid I can't get out of bed until I get a happy birthday kiss." he says.

"That can be arranged. Oh Rocky!!" I yell.

"Kidding, come here." I whisper before pulling him in for a kiss.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT? I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF GETTING DRESSED." Rocky appears in the doorway wearing a t-shirt and boxers, his pants in his hands. 

"WHY WOULD YOU CALL ME IN HERE TO WATCH YOU MAKE OUT?" he yells when he notices us kissing. He then proceeds to throw his pants at us and leave.

I pull away from Ellington. "C'mon get up now babe." I say.

Just then Rocky appears in the doorway. "Yeah um those are kind of my only clean pair of pants so I need them back."

"Only if you can catch them!" yells Ellington and he runs out of the room, Rocky close behind.

A few minutes later Ross and Riker appear at my doorway. "Do I want to know why Rocky and Ellington are chasing each other around the house with a pair of pants?" asks Riker.

"Probably not." I say.

"Dancing out my pants...." sings Ross and Riker punches him in the shoulder.

I leave them in Ellington's room punching each other and go downstairs to eat breakfast.

After the radio interviews, Ellington and I go have lunch with his parents. His parents hug him and then hug me.

"Rydel, I feel like we haven't seen each other in forever." Cheryl says.

"He's been good to you right?" Ellington's dad, George, asks.

"Oh, yes." I say smiling at him.

We eat and then the waiters bring out a mini cake. 

"This is totally a trick candle." says Ellington when they leave.

"Whatever, just blow it out so we can eat it." I say.

"Fine." he says. We all sing to him and then he blows out the candle.

"What? This isn't a trick candle at all." he says.

We leave the restaurant and Ellington's so tired that he pretty much spends the rest of the afternoon sleeping on the couch while I'm in the kitchen making dinner.

"You ready for the movie to come out on Thursday?" he asks when he wakes up.

"I'm kind of nervous honestly." I say.

"Babe, everyone pretty much already knows about us anyway, we're just.... making it official." he says smiling at me.

"I guess." I say shrugging.

"Come over here." he says.

"I'm kind of busy right now." I say.

"But it's my birthday." he pouts.

"Ugh," I groan and go into the living room. "What do you want?"

"Just to be with you." he says.

I guess dinner can wait, I snuggle up next to him on the couch and fall asleep.

AN: IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH AND THIS CHAPTER ISN'T EVEN VERY GOOD AND I'M SORRY. I just haven't felt like writing lately. I'll try not to wait that long to update next time.

PS. SOMETIME LAST NIGHT IS SO PERFECT ASDFGHJKL