Chapter 1

-A/N...This story won't follow a specific time-line. Scarlett Johansson is not with Colin (No hate to him.) She only has Rose. I will adjust the time-line to what fits to my story. Inspired by Bella2002Bella-

/January 15 2022/

*Amelia's POV*

Hello everyone, my name is Amelia Cruz. I lost my mother after an incident. I live with my father and my 5 siblings and a few family members. I am 16 and my birthday is July 13. I grew up in Mexico for all my life until I moved here in New York last year. Anyways, right now I'm heading to this company that one of my teachers told me I should give it a try for an internship. And I need something to get me out of my home. I live in Queens and the company is 30 minutes away. My interview is at 4:00, and I'm running a bit behind.

"Excuse me...could you help me with my groceries?" An elderly woman asked and I stopped to help her.

"Is that all?" I asked her.

"Yes, thank you dear." She told me. And I started running.

"3:45." I said. I sprinted since I had 20 minutes left. I don't have money for a taxi, so I had to go running. I eventually got to the company. "The Outset." I read the sign. I looked at my cracked phone and it said 3:59. I walked in and everything was nice.

"Excuse me, can I help you with something?" The lady at the register asked me.

"Um...yeah, I have an interview for the internship position." I told her.

"Name please." She told me.

"Amelia Cruz." I told her and she typed to her computer.

"Alright, take a seat and someone will call you." She said not looking up.

*Scarlett's POV*

I was waiting for the meeting for the outset to start. Kate was next to me checking her emails. My mother sent me a picture of Rose and it reminded me of my other daughter. I still remember...It was July 15 and me and Chris were ready to go home with our daughter. Amelia. Yeah, me and Chris had a kid, however, as we were leaving the hospital, a doctor had to check up with Amelia. The doctor took her and we never saw her again. Me and Chris spent many years searching for her but nothing. In the end, me and Chris remained as friends.

"Earth to Scar." Kate said and I turned to her. "You good? Did you hear about the internship applications?" She asked.

"No sorry." I apologized. "Could you repeat again?" I asked.

"So Lauren has informed us that right now, we are waiting for the last internship interview. We have 100 applications for this position and we can only choose 2. So I say we get started. 50 and 50 I say." She told me and we quickly started reviewing the applications. Some of these were okay, but I was seeking for something to stand out.

*Amelia's POV*

I was waiting, when I saw the janitor accidentally knocked over the trash. She looked middle aged so I decided to help her.

"Oh you don't have to." She told me as I got to my knees to help her.

"It's fine." I told her.

"Amelia Cruz?" I heard someone call me. I quickly picked up and helped the janitor before walking away. I noticed that the woman looked me up and down. "I'm Janet, I will be interviewing you. So come with me." She said. We walked to a small room. "Alright, how did you hear about this position?" She asked.

"My school teacher said I was really good in taking pictures and making videos and that I could really learn more if I get the internship." I explained to her and she wrote something on a paper.