Chapter 5

-Friday, February 17-

*Amelia's POV*

Today I didn't have school because of teachers having meetings. Rose did go to school, so now I was stuck with Scarlett and Chris. I went to the living room and turned the tv on. I decided to watch lazy town. I still need to practice my english.

"What are you watching princess?" I heard Chris asked me.

"Lazytown." I told him. He decided to sit next to me. I couldn't help but rest my head on his shoulder. Chris gave me a small kiss on my head before turning to the tv.

"Hey Chris, since it's like 10 in the morning, is there a chance we can do something?" I asked him.

"Of course. What do you want to do?" He asked me.

"I've seen people eating apple pie, but I have never eaten one." I told him.

"What?" He asked shocked. "Come on, we're making some apple pie." He told me as he pulled me up. We walked to the kitchen and looked around. "On second thought...my ma makes the best apple pie, but I can always buy some. Want to go out?" He asked.

"Sure why not." I told him. He grabbed his car keys and grabbed his jacket. I got the jacket that Jacob bought yesterday. We walked out to his car and got in because it was a bit cold out. We drove to the supermarket and picked up a small apple pie and went back home.

"Alright, also...have you had a pb and j sandwich?" He asked me and I looked at him confused. "I'll take that as a no. Sit down princess, let me serve you some snacks." He told me and I went to sit at the island to watch him make the sandwich.

"Can I have the pie?" I asked.

"Wait until I finish the sandwich." He said. It didn't take long until he finished. He pulled his phone out to record me. The sandwich didn't look too good. "Come on don't make that face princess." He told me. I took a bite of the sandwich first.

"It's not bad." I said and took another bite. Chris then handed me the apple pie. I took a bite and it was the most magical thing ever. I inmediately went for a second bite.

"Guess you like the pie." Chris commented.

"It's good." I said with pie still in my mouth. Chris placed his phone down and also went to eat some pie.

"So, you lived in Mexico?" He asked me.

"Yep, until last year that I came here." I told him.

"Your english is good." He told me.

"Thanks, it means a lot. So, do you have any upcoming projects after Marvel?" I asked him.

"I want to take a break. Spend time with you." He told me. Just then Scarlett came down.

"I'm done with my meetings for today. Now I can spend my time with you." Scarlett said. "What do you want to do?" She asked.

"Not sure, Chris already took me out to try apple pie and p and j." I told her.

"P and j?" She asked and I turned to Chris.

"Pb and J." Chris clarified.

"You've never had them?" Scarlett asked me.

"Nope, not until today." I told her.

*Scarlett's POV*

Because of my meetings I missed Amelia trying something for the first time. I was definitely bummed. I don't want to miss anything. Amelia went to the restroom and I turned to Chris.

"I recorded her reaction...if you want to see it." He told me.

"Maybe later. Chris I keep missing all these first in Amelia's life." I told him. "I didn't miss Rose's first word or her first steps. Her first time eating a happy meal, I was there. But with Amelia, it's like I always miss her first in something." I said frustrated. Chris wrapped me in his arms.