Chapter 24

-Tuesday March 21-

*Amelia's POV*

I am feeling better which is good. I have an online meeting with some lawyers for the issue. But that's until 12. It's 6 am right now. And I still can't play soccer. Suddenly my door opened.

"Amelia, you awake?" I heard Alex.

"I am now. What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Do you want to go out and play." He said.

"If I get hurt, I'm killing you." I told him. I kicked him out to change and then we headed to the backyard. I got a soccer ball and we started doing long passes.

"Hey Amelia, do you ever want to go to Mexico?" Alex asked me.

"Yeah, I miss being where I grew up." I said. I decided to lift the ball and aim it to Alex's face.

"Hey." He said and threw the ball directly at me. I ducked down and he missed. I sprinted to beat Alex. I got the ball and threw at him but he caught it.

"Amelia." I heard my name and turned and then I felt the ball hit my face. Alex started laughing and my mom rushed to me.

"Mom you distracted me." I whined as she looked at my face.

"Stop moving." She said. "You know you're not supposed to be playing." She added. "Have you cleaned your face?" She asked.

"Seriously." I told her. "Can me and Alex please go back to playing?" I asked her giving her puppy eyes.

"No, I don't want you to get hurt." She told me. Me and Alex ran past her and headed to the living room. We turned on the Playstation and started playing FIFA.

"Hey mom, after breakfast is it alright if we watch some of my childhood videos." I told her.

"That's perfectly fine. I've always wanted to see them." She told me. She came and sat down next to me. She started scrolling on her phone.

"Alex why did you tackle me." I told him as he fouled my player. Luckily, my player got fouled in the penalty box. So it was a penalty. But I know Alex can block it. So I started grabbing his controller.

"Hey that's not fair, let go." He said as he shoved my hand away. I kicked and started pulling Alex's controller. I scored.

"Yes." I said. Alex slapped my arm. "Why you hit me?" I asked him.

"You cheated." He told me sticking his tongue out.

"I'm so glad that I never got twins." Mom commented.

"No wonder grandma complains about you and my uncle Hunter." I told her.

"Nice one Amelia." Alex told me.

"Rude, anyways, I should start making breakfast. You're dad should be up soon." She told me.

"Hey mom, could we do a tiktok please." I told her.

"Let me do breakfast first and then we can do that tiktok thing. How does that sound bubba?" Mom told me.

"It sounds perfect, thank you." I told her.

"Mommy's girl." Alex coughed out.

"And proud of it." I told him and I saw mom's smile when I said that.

*Scarlett's POV*

It was getting closer to 8, so I figured I should start with some breakfast. I made some crepes and cut up some fruit. I could hear the laughter from Amelia and I wanted to imagine what her high pitch laughter would've been if I saw her as a kid. I could hear Chris talking with the kids. I had done 5 crepes and still had a few more to go.