Chapter 19

-Thursday, March 16-

*Amelia's POV*

I can't wait for Chris to come back tomorrow. Anyways, tomorrow is the last day of school before spring break starts. Anyways, I had a game today and it was home, so Scar is going to see me alongside Rose. The game was against one of the better teams and man do they enjoy being aggressive. I didn't have any tests, instead we started practicing for the fucking SAT's. I went with Mia for some smoothies with Jacob and Gio. We got to the field at like 5:30 to see the JV game. Soon it was our time.

"Okay girls, remember what we practiced for. Don't let yourself be pushed. Now...these are more offensive so I'm making some changes. Amelia, you're becoming a center back." My coach announced.

"But we need to score and we all know that having Amelia and Zoe together equals goals." A sophomore said. The girls backed her up.

"Fine, Amelia play your normal spot but 2nd half you're becoming defender." M coach said.

"Let's get some goals." Zoe told me. The other team started and it was mostly passing.

"Can't reach me." An opponent girl taunted me. She passed to her teammate but I intercepted and got the ball.

"Shoot Amelia." I heard my teammates. I looked up and saw 2 other defenders and the goalie. I shot it with a lot of power and curving it.

"Goal by Amelia." I heard the announcer. Zoe then came and gave me a hug.

"Nice shot. Come on, let's go score some more." She told me. We still had 20 more minutes. It was an even game. A lot of pushing. One of my teammates got the ball and passed it to me. I ran with it and passed it to Zoe who scored. The team started again and within 8 minutes they scored. 2-1.

"Come on girls, keep it up." I yelled. Zoe passed it to me, I passed it to one of my teammates who took and passed it to Zoe who was on the side. I ran to the opposing goal area. "Zoe center it." I yelled. Zoe crossed the ball and I made a header scoring a goal.

"Nice header Amelia and good passing Zoe." My coach yelled. 5 minutes later the whistle blew signaling the end of 1st half. My coaches explained the plan for 2nd half, we knew we were going to be defensive in this half. 2nd half started, and Zoe started the ball. We inmediately lost the ball and the opponents came. I noticed the girl with number 13 was their strongest. She had the ball and prepared to take a shot when I slid and took the ball away. My teammate got the ball and started passing it.

"You bitch." Number 13.

"Does it look like I give a fuck." I told her getting back in position. It wasn't long until her team got the ball. She was backing up against me and stepped on my toe on purpose. I saw her last name. Sky. "Watch it Sky, after all you ain't doing shit." I told her. Her teammate passed the ball to her but I pushed her and took the ball away from my goal. I felt her behind me and we started hustling one another. She kicked me in my shins making me fall. She ran for the ball but I tripped her with my shoe. I stood up and ran for the ball, she came and used her hands to push me to the side making my face slam against the bench.

"Hey Ref." My coach yelled. He kneeled to me. "You okay kid?" He asked me.

"Never been better." I told him and got up. I was awarded a free kick. After that, my coach advised me to avoid 13. Nothing exciting happened until it was the last 5 minutes and the opposing came attacking. Number 13, Sky, started sprinting leaving my teammates behind. I caught up to her and we were against one another. I noticed my goalie in front of me, I kicked the ball just barely but enough to make it go out. Sky, ended up pushing me against the pole.