Chapter 10

-Saturday, February 25-

*Amelia's POV*

I woke up early because I had soccer practice. Jacob was going to take me because practice started at 7 in the morning. I was getting my stuff ready, when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said and saw Scar stepping in.

"What are you doing up at 6:20 in the morning?" She asked me.

"I have soccer practice at 7. Jacob's taking me." I told her. I placed everything in my bag and went downstairs. Scar was following me. I went to the kitchen to fill my water up.

"Hey Amelia, I know you've spent a day with Chris, I was wondering if we could have one too?" Scar asked me fidgeting a little. I looked at her and she looked kind of nervous.

"Uh yeah, why not." I told her.

"Perfect, I'll let you know when. Also, what time do you get back?" Scar asked me.

"Should be back before 9:30. Can Jacob come over? We have to go to work at around 12." I told her.

"Aren't you taking care of Rose?" She asked me.

"I'm taking her with me. She'll be safe. Don't worry." I told her when I saw her worried face. "By the way, we're going to be arriving at midnight." I told her and suddenly there's a car honking. "That's Jacob got to go. Bye Scar." I told her as I was heading out the door.

"Amelia, wait." She told me but I was already out.

"Does Scar know about today?" Jacob asked as he got out of the driveway.

"Yeah, Rose is coming too. Chris and Scar are going on a date." I told him.

"I thought they were together?" He questioned.

"Nope." I said playing some music. We were singing the whole way until we arrived. I thanked him and headed to the field.

"Amelia, excited for our game next Wednesday?" Mia asked me.

"Yeah. Also, I think we might scrimmage with JV at the end today." I told her putting on my cleats.

"Morning Amelia." One of my senior teammates said to me.

"Hey Zoe." I told her. Zoe is like a mentor to me, she's also the other captain. We waited for the team to start warm up. I always enjoy playing soccer.

*Scarlett's POV*

I was kind of annoyed that Amelia left without answering me. I headed upstairs to finish getting ready. I had to head to the office. Chris agreed taking care of Rose until I was back at around 3. He told me to be ready by 5 for our date.

"Morning Scar." Kate greeted me with a cup of coffee. "How's Amelia and Rose?" She asked me.

"Rose is doing well, but I never realized just how teenagers can cause so much frustration, but I still love Amelia, it's just that..." I said trying to describe my emotions.

"I'm glad my daughter is still not a teenager, I still have 3 years." She told me. I sat down and placed my head down.

"It's not funny, first, they're all polite then they are not listening to you." I told her. I decided to just focus on working. In my head, I was most excited about this afternoon. Just the thought of it made me feel like there was butterflies in my stomach. I finished most of my work, when I decided to go online and look for some soccer cleats for Amelia.

"You are totally working." Kate told me as she stood behind causing me to jump.

"Kate." I yelled. "I'm done by the way...well most of it." I told her causing her to laugh.