Chapter 14

-Saturday March 4-

*Amelia's POV*

I woke up at 4 in the morning because I had too much going on. Brittany bullying me, but mostly about my mother's death. That is something I will never get rid off. An image I wish to erase. I got changed and decided to go on a morning run. I climbed out of my window and heade out. It was a bit chilly so I grabbed a sweater. I don't know how many miles I ran. I did come up to another town. I was hoping to see a diner open.

"Why are there no diners open at 5 in the morning." I said to myself. I walked one more block until I spotted an open diner. I walked in and there was only one other person drinking his coffee.

"Morning, a bit early isn't it?" I heard a middle aged woman.

"Yeah, for most people." I replied. I took a seat at the bar and the woman walked behind the bar.

"Coffee? Or Hot chocolate?" She asked me.

"Coffee please." I told her. I looked around and it was a cozy diner. I looked around and then looked at the menu. "And could I also have a bagel please." I told her.

"Of course." She said going to grab a bagel and placed it on a plate and gave it to me. "And can't forget the cream cheese." She told me. She then served me the warm coffee. I took a sip and it was the best coffee I had in a while.

"It's really delicious."I told her and she smiled at me.

"Anything else?" She asked me.

"Can I have the classic pancakes please." I told her.

"On it." She told me and went to the kitchen. I took a lot on my phone and noticed it was now 5:45. Jacob's party is at 2, so I still have plenty of time. I texted Jacob in the meantime because he usually wakes up at 5:30.

"Here you go. Homemade pancakes." The lady told me. I took a bite and it was delicious.

"Really good. Wow." I told her making her chuckled. "What's your name?" I asked her.

"Iris." She told me. "What's your name?" She asked me.

"Amelia." I told her.

"What a lovely name." She told me.

"Thank you." I told her. Since there wasn't a lot of people, I had a conversation with her. My phone started ringing and I looked at the caller. Scar.

"Hello." I said.

"Morning." She told me and I could hear some tension. "I came to check up on you so I could say goodbye. And come find out that you're not here." She told me and I gulped.

"Yeah about that..." I started but she interrupted me.

"Where are you?" She asked me.

"At a diner." I told her.

"I'll pick you up. Send me the address." She told me and hanged up.

"Guessing that was your mom or dad." She told me.

"Yeah, but it's been only like a month or two since I first saw them. I was adopted when I was a baby and..." I started. I made sure to send Scarlett a text.

"I'll make you some Nutella crepes to go." She told me and went to the kitchen.

"Thanks Iris." I told her. "Do you have any advice of adjusting to something new?" I asked her.

"I would say to embrace uncertainty." She told me and it made me confused. "Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won't have a title until much later." She explained to me.