Chapter 6

-Saturday February 18-

*Amelia's POV*

I woke up at 6 in the morning to do a small jog. Problem is, that Scarlett's house has security so when you open any door that leads outside will make a noise. So, through the window. I climbed out and started my run. It was nice outside despite being February. I ran for 5 miles and then went back home. In total I did 10 miles in about an hour. 5 minutes for mile for most of the time. I got back at 7 and entered through the front door because I was too exhausted to climb.

"Amelia is that you?" I heard Scarlett's voice. I dropped my head not wanting to get a lecture.

"Yeah...I um lost track of time." I told her.

"Look at me and not at that floor. I want to see your beautiful blue eyes just like your fath...never mind." Scarlett said not completing her sentence. I lifted my head to see Scarlett's gentle face. "Where were you?" She asked.

"I just decided to have a nice jog. I ran 10 miles, just something small." I told her.

"Well 10 miles isn't something small, now how about you go upstairs and take a shower, while I make you some breakfast." Scarlett told me and I went upstairs to take a needed shower. I took a hot shower even though I needed cold shower. I got dressed and by the time I was ready it was 7:30.

"Hey Amelia, I made you some eggs with chocolate chip pancakes. Syrup and jelly is on the table." Scarlett said to me.

"Scarlett I messed up." I heard Chris and he stopped once he saw me. "Amelia morning, didn't see you." Chris told me and I gave him a smile.

"Chris why are you up so early, you usually wake up at 9. And what did you mess up?" Scarlett told Chris.

"My mom called and I accidentally said that Amelia came back and it slipped out. I'm sorry." Chris said really sad.

"Chris don't be. It's your family, they have the right to know. Alright. I'm not mad." Scarlett said before serving him pancakes.

"Okay, thanks." Chris responded before sitting down next to me.

"Hey Chris, I was wondering, if you could help me and Jacob with our project?" I asked him.

"Well I'm not really a book smart person..." he said to me.

"No no, we just need an extra pair of hands." I explained.

"Oh then yeah, I would be glad to help." He told me while he cut his pancakes. I finished my food and thanked Scarlett. I heard Rose coming out of her room so I decided to go downstairs again.

"Amelia." Rose shouted as she saw me from the dining table. It was 8:30 and some how, Rose was filled with energy.

"Rose." I said back. I sat next to her while I grabbed a banana.

"Where's your breakfast?" Rose asked me.

"I finished mine already like the flash." I told her which made her laugh. Rose was enjoying the pancakes while I talked with both Scarlett and Chris. It was now 10 and all 4 of us were watching a movie. Just then there was a knock on the door.

"I got it." I said standing up. I opened the door to see Jacob. He gave me a hug since we didn't see each other. "Come in." I told him.

"I got all the stuff." He told me. We walked to the living room where everybody turned to us.

"Right, Jacob meet Chris, Scarlett and Rose." I told him pointing who was who. "Everybody meet Jacob." I said and Jacob waved at them.

"Chris could you help us?" I asked.