Chapter 36

-Saturday, June 2-

*Amelia's POV*

Me and dad were going to an event today, my first public appearance. It was 11 right now so me and dad were chilling.

"I'm heading outside to clean." Dad said and I went with him even though I'm not much help with crutches. I've gotten used to them. Dodger came outside and pushed a soccer ball. Without thinking I hit it with my right foot.

"Owww." I said and dad ran to me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I forgot about my leg and tried kicking it." I told him making him laugh. Dad helped me walk to the patio and I sat on a chair. Just then the sliding door opened.

"What are you doing?" I heard mom.

"Umm...chilling." I told her. Just then Aunt Lizzie walked out. "Oh hi." I told her.

"Hello." She said.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready." Mom asked me.

"For?" I asked.

"The event." She told me.

"It starts at like 6. There's 7 hours left." I told her.

"You're just like your father." Mom said and went back inside with aunt Lizzie. I was throwing Dodger the ball. Jacob facetimed me and we talked for about an hour.

"Hey princess how does a sandwich sound for lunch?" He asked.

"It sounds delicious." I told him. I got up and made my way to the dining table.

"Amelia, me and your mom were thinking about how you want to style your hair?" Aunt Lizzie spoke.

"We were thinking of like something simple but elegant." Mom told me.

"Okay, whatever suits the dress. Hey dad what time are we leaving?" I asked him.

"Around 4." He told me.

"4!" Mom and Aunt Lizzie shouted.

"That's not enough time, come on." Aunt Lizzie said.

"But my sandwich." I whined.

"Chris hurry up." Mom told him.

"No rushing the chef." Dad told her. He brought me a plate with some grapes.

"Grapes and a Nutella sandwich." Aunt Lizzie said.

"Cotton candy flavored grapes." Dad corrected her. I took my time just like dad. As soon I finished my last bite, they made me go upstairs.

"You should have an elevator. You're rich and can't afford an elevator." I told mom.

"Stop whining." Mom told me. "Not my fault that you're getting injured." She added. I got to my room and chose the dress that my mom bought me. I didn't care I was on crutches. The bad thing, it didn't have pockets. And I hate carrying big purses, I'll just find something. After I got dressed my mom and aunt Lizzie came in.

"So Amelia, who do you love the most?" Aunt Lizzie asked me.

"Me obviously." I told her with no hesitation.

"Another Downey." Aunt Lizzie said. "Alright, who do prefer the most, dad or mom?" She asked me.

"Both." I told her.

"But if they were hanging off a mountain edge, who would you save?" She asked.

"Neither...I can't pull either of them up. They're too heavy for me." I told her.