Chapter 26

-Sunday March 26-

*Amelia's POV*

Today Alex is leaving but first we're heading to one of my aunt's house to spend some time together. Alex got his bags and went on his car to my aunt's house while I waited for my parents. It was 11 right now. My dad and I went out for bagels and coffee in the morning like last week.

"Okay are we good to leave?" Dad asked.

"Yes let's go." Rose said. The drive was a 30 minute drive to a small neighborhood.

"Where do I park the car?" Dad asked as he saw the driveway full of cars.

"On the grass." I told him.

"I think that's illegal." Dad told me.

"Here, let me park it." I told him.

"Amelia we'll just find another spot." Mom told me.

"Please. I won't crash." I said. Dad got out and so did mom and Rose. I reversed the car right by the grass.

"That was cool." Rose said. We walked to the backyard where my family was. I took my family and I greeted everyone before sitting down. Rose went to play with my younger cousins. One of my older cousins Theo came to us.

"Amelia how are you?" He asked me.

"Good." I told him. He turned to my parents.

"I'm Theo, can I offer you any drinks?" He asked them.

"Water please." Mom told him.

"Any kind of beer please." Dad said. Theo went and brought their drinks. He left to help my aunt.

"Here dad let me open it for you." I told him and he handed me his bottle. I used the edge of the chair to open it.

"How?" Mom asked me.

"She has experience." My cousin Maria told them. She handed me a cup. "Here." She told me.

"Eyy Maria."I heard my aunt and she came and took my cup.

"Vamos tía." (Come on aunt.) I told her and she turned to me.

"No sigas con tus pinches estupidezes o si no." (No more of your fucking stupidity or if not) She started yelling at me.

"Ya ya...no te enojes." (Okay okay...don't get mad) I told her going back to sit with my parents.

"Scared of her." My mom stated.

"Who wouldn't." I said to her. Alex came and joined us. Soon we started eating.

"Food is good." My mom told me. We left at around 5. I didn't want to say goodbye to Alex but we had to.

*Scarlett's POV*

I noticed that Amelia was a bit sad because Alex left. And Jacob is with his family for some business meeting.

"Hey Rose, why don't you go play with Amelia." I told her.

"Yes mommy." She said and ran upstairs.

"You alright Scar?" Chris asked me.

"No...it's just I don't know. Amelia feels more happy with her adoptive family and I kind of feel bad. I made her leave her family because I got her back. I feel selfish Chris." I said and Chris gave me a hug.

"Scar, Amelia enjoys being with you. Have you seen how many times she smiles when you're here." He told me. He dragged me upstairs and led me to Amelia's room. Slowly opening the door. Amelia was on her bed while Rose was playing with stuffed animals on the ground. Rose stood up with a stuffed animal.