Chapter 21

-Saturday March 18-

*Amelia's POV*

I didn't want to get up today, but I really wanted to go to my usual diner. Soccer practice is at 7 and Jacob is going to pick me up from the diner. After practice, I have to do the podcast. I got up and climbed out the window and started my routine. I got at the dinner at around 5:10.

"Morning Amelia. Same as usual?" Iris greeted me.

"Morning Iris, and yeah the usual please." I told her. I sat at my usual spot and talked with Iris. She was talking about how she was getting a new cat. We kept talking until it was 6 and Jacob picked me up.

"Thanks again Iris." I said and tipped her like I usually do.

"No problem Amelia. It's always a pleasure seeing you. I'll see you next week." She told me as I walked out. I went and got into Jacob's car.

"Why do you come to this place?" Jacob asked me as he drove off.

"I get to talk to a really sweet person. Anyways, I was reading the comments from the mini golf video. A lot of them are trying to guess my parents." I told him.

"You should tease them. Maybe film a tiktok with Scarlett and see how your fans react. Also, me and Gio started on some topics for the podcast. But I think we're going completely off track." He told me. We drove until it was 10 to 7. I thanked him and went to soccer practice.

*Alex's POV*

Amelia told me that she had soccer practice so I wasn't surprised when I didn't see her downstairs. It was 6 in the morning and I was heading to the kitchen. I checked the oven for the pots and pans but they were not found. I found them in a cabinet. Weird. I decided I was in the mood for some eggs. I grabbed onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, tortilla, eggs and oil.

"Just how abuelita taught you." I said to myself. I turned everything on and poured the oil to make some tortilla chips.

"Alex, what are you doing?" I heard Scarlett's voice.

"Breakfast. I cook better food than Amelia." I told her. I went back to chopping the vegetables.

"So tell me. How was Amelia growing up?" She asked me.

"Well...there's a lot to say if I'm being honest. She was a daredevil." I said chuckling. "Nothing really scared her if I'm being honest. She was a really happy kid until the death of her mother." I said clearing my throat. "It was something unexpected." I added. I added the eggs and cover the pan.

"Do you have any photos of her?" She asked me.

"Yeah. I'll show you after I finished cooking. I even brought some videos of us as little."I told her. I decided to cut up some fruit.

"Mommy?" I heard Rose.

"Rose what are you doing up so early?" I heard Scarlett tell Rose.

"Nightmare." Rose said. "Smells good." She said and looked at me."you can cook?" She questioned making me laugh.

"I cook better than Amelia." I told her. I then spotted Chris coming down the stairs.

"Morning everyone. Wow something smells good." He said. I served the plates and placed them down. I made sure to give a Rose a small portion since I don't know if she likes eggs or not.

"What's this?" Scarlett asked.

"Some eggs called huevos rancheros. It's a typical dish in Mexico. Especially for breakfast." I told them. After breakfast, Rose went upstairs to get ready.

"Hey Alex, could you show us some of Amelia's pictures?" Scarlett asked me. I took my phone out and went to an album.

"Here's a picture of her." I said and showing a picture of Amelia on a horse.