Chapter Three

Ok so after watching Age of Ultron I totally ship HulkxBlackWidow now. Sorry if I just spoiled something for anyone who hasn't seen it but those who have will get what is going on. Those who haven't well I guess you will have to watch the movie. ;)

"THEY WEREN'T IN THE BASE WHEN YOU DESTROYED IT?!" Black Death screamed at Reaper.

"Sir, we didn't realize-"

"YOU DIDN'T REALIZE?!"

"No, sir," Reaper said trembling.

Black Death lowered his voice to a deadly whisper, "you find them or I will kill you. Do you understand me?"

"Very clearly, Sir," Reaper answered.

********************************

Dr. Bruce Banner walked into his bedroom and flopped onto the bed.

"Rough day?" Natasha said coming out of the bathroom.

"No just tiring," Bruce said standing up and walking over to her.

"Well how about I make your day better," she said winking.

"That's fine by me," Bruce said bending down and kissing her.

After the Avengers encounter with Ultron he had disappeared. But he couldn't stay away. Especially from Natasha. When he was with her his anger seemed to melt away. Bruce's eyes snapped open and he pulled back.

"What is it?" Natasha asked.

"Oh your a genius!" Bruce said kissing her again and grabbing his coat.

"But I didn't say anything," she said.

"I couldn't isolate the mutation but I just realized what could be causing it!"

"Wait what?" Natasha tilted her head and raised an eyebrow.

"I'll explain later but I think I know whose blood that is and what's happening. I have to test it before I say anything but I gotta go," he said opening the door.

"I thought I was gonna make you less stressed," she said crossing her arms.

"After I isolate this. Then we can celebrate with you know what," he winked and ran out of their apartment. Natasha chuckled and shook her head.

**********************************

Johann woke up to the sound of birds chirping. He hadn't woken up to the sound of that in a long time. It took him a minute to remember where he was. It was so strange waking up at home when you hadn't been home in almost a hundred years. He hadn't told Caty this but there was only one bedroom downstairs so he had invaded the couch in the living room/parlor.

He looked at his watch. It was almost ten thirty. He usually was an early riser......and got to bed late so really he didn't sleep that much. He didn't really need too though.

He stood up and opened up the curtains. Bright sunlight poured into the room. Spring would being making an appearance soon.

"You slept on the couch?!"

Johann turned to see Caty in the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Maybe," he answered walking away from the window.

"Maybe is not an answer, my dear sir," she said.

"The upstairs is unstable. Besides that is actually a really comfortable couch," he said walking past her and down the hall. "But thank-you for worrying about it."

"Me? Worried? Pah!"

Johann chuckled and walked into the kitchen. Catalina followed close behind. The place didn't have running water nor did it have electricity. Caty felt like she had walked onto an old movie set.

Caty noticed the relatively clean microscope sitting on the table. She walked over and looked at the two slides. One was red and the other was a whitish color.

"What's this?"

"Oh that's nothing. Could you be careful I don't have very many of those slides left."

"I'm being careful," she said smiling. "Is this skin?"

"Maybe," he said walking into a nearby closet.

"It's a yes or no answer," she responded.

"My aren't we testy this morning," Johann laughed.

"Whatever," Caty smiled. Johann walked out of the kitchen door and disappeared for a few minutes. He soon returned with a bucket full of water.

"This, my dear, is what we used to do every morning, afternoon, and evening."

"I'm glad I don't have to do that every morning," she said.

"Back then we were used to it. So it wasn't that big of a deal," he said placing the bucket on the counter.
As he did his sleeves came up and she noticed that the skin on his left arm was red and the skin on his right arm was normal.

"Johann? Why are your arms two different colors?"

Johann quickly pulled his sleeves back down and coughed. She crossed her arms, stuck out her hip, and tapped her foot waiting for an explanation. She looked like a little house wife. Johann thought it was cute.

"After you used your mind thing, my arm started to change back to it's original state. I thought it was just the arm but my cells are mutating even more and I'm trying to find out why."

"But it has a self defense mechanism. It can't be mutating." Caty said.

"I know but it is," he said bending over the microscope. "Come see."

Caty came over and looked into the microscope. She looked at first the red slide and then the white slide. There was definitely signs of mutation. She couldn't quite isolate what it was though.

"This doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be doing this," Caty said.

"I had a flawed version remember," he pointed out.

"Yes but it's been almost ninety-five years? It would've mutated all ready," she countered.

"That's true. Wait. How do you know so much about this? The only version of this that hasn't been flawed was Steve Rogers."

"His is twice as strong as mine," she said. She admitted she was twisting the truth but even Johann had said he didn't want to know who she really was. "When was the last time your cells changed?"

"Last night," he said.

"Really? Maybe we should look into this more. We don't want to find out that it is harmful to you," she said worriedly.

"What do you think we are doing right now?" Johann said. Caty smiled and continued studying the slides.