Chapter Twelve

"Er ist dein Vater?" (He is your father?)
Johann spoke to her in German

"Ja, Ich war besorgt Sie würden nicht wollen, dass ich wenn Sie wüssten." (Yes, I was worried you wouldn't want me if you knew.) she replied. Steve, meanwhile, looked on in shock. Since when did Caty know German?

Johann wasn't angry actually. He was surprised that he wasn't; but then again he had told her he didn't want to know when she had started to tell him.

"Ich konnte nie nicht, dass du." I could never not want you.)

Caty looked at him and smiled. She shot him something from her mind. I love you.

Johann smiled and stood up. Steve just stared at the two. He was so confused. Caty turned to Steve and ran to him. Steve opened his arms and she jumped into them hugging him tight.

"We all thought you were dead," Steve said quietly.

"I'm not thanks to Johann," she said.

Steve didn't believe his ears but decided not to say anything. He glared at Johann. He knew he wasn't being very chivalrous but could you blame him?

"Dad, we have some information that we were coming to give Shield," Caty said pulling back.

"We have a jet in Munich," he replied. "He, however, needs to be secured."

"No," Caty said.

"It's alright, Lieben," Johann said.

Steve didn't know what Lieben meant but he didn't like the way Johann had said it. Steve pulled out a pair of restraints and placed them on Johann's wrists. Caty was not happy about this and she made no effort to hide her feelings on that. Steve didn't budge and Johann didn't say anything.

**********************************

It was nice that Catalina and Johann could speak using telepathy. It meant they could talk without talking essentially. Caty was finally able to tell him everything about her childhood and how she had known about him. She felt much better now that he knew and she felt even better when she knew he wasn't going to hater her for it. Not that it would make sense for him to because children don't choose their parents.

"Catalina, are you going to tell me what had happened in the few months you were gone?" Steve finally asked when they reached Munich.

"I was sent to find that serum. I located the man but unbeknown to me he had a partner. He shot me in the side and shoulder."

Steve looked at her alarmed.

"Don't worry it healed fine. Anyway I lost conscious and when I woke up I was in a medical bay. I tried to sit up and I heard someone speaking to me in German. I couldn't understand him then. I can now."

"Ya I saw that," Steve said giving Johann a sideways glance.

"Anyway I didn't know who it was at the time. I remember him telling me his name was Albert," she then directed her words to Johann. "By the way, Johann, your not a good liar."

"You weren't supposed to believe me," Johann said.

"You stop talking," Steve said to Johann.

"Daddy, don't be rude," Caty said reprovingly.

Steve just gave her a sharp look but he knew that she knew he wasn't angry. He was too happy to see her alive to be angry.

"As I was saying he told me a false name. At the time he didn't know I had a healing factor and since I had been shot three days earlier he assumed I wasn't a threat. I managed to get up and leave the medical bay. I went down the hall and heard him talking to his assistant. Well, actually more like yelling and Johann punched him so I didn't get a very good first impression."

"I'm surprised you even got a good impression at all," Steve said. Caty ignored him and continued.

"I passed out in the hall from the pain and Johann found me and took me back to the medical bay. Then he locked me in. After a day or two I was strong enough to fight so I began to try to escape. His assistant, Albert, had come to bring me food and I jumped him. I knocked him out and looked for the exit. Instead I found Johann's library and found the book his sister gave to him and that's when I found out who he was. He and I had an altercation where he was the victor and then I was put in a cell."

"Sounds like you guys were great friends," said Steve sarcastically.

"Do you want me to continue or not?" Caty asked, "because if your going to be so sarcastic."

"Alright I'm sorry continue," Steve said.

"Anyway I'm sure you found out that Black Death had used the serum on himself?"

"Yes, but we don't know who he was," Steve answered.

"Well we do."

"Who is he then?" Steve asked.

"He was Johann's assistant. Johann didn't know he had gotten a hold of the serum. He was just hiding from Shield he wasn't trying to enact any evil plans. Anyway Albert used it on himself because he was tired of being a weakling. Then-then he tried to-to-"

Caty stopped. She shivered at the memory. Johann looked at her concerned.

"He tried to what?" Steve said. His hands clenched into fists and he waited for her answer.