Chapter Nine

Caty couldn't react she could just stand there. After a few moments she began to cry. She put her face in her hands and wept.

"You don't know how hard it was to crawl through that window."

Caty's head flew up so fast that she was momentarily dizzy.

"Johann Schmidt, I swear if you every scare me like that again!" Caty wiping her tears away.

"It wasn't on purpose," Johann said wrapping his arms around her. He kissed the top of her head.

After a little while Caty pulled back.

"What?"

"You smell like smoke," she said coughing.

"No way it's like I just escaped a burning building or something," he said rolling his eyes.

"Please don't scare me again," Caty said letting another tear roll down her cheek.

"Lieben, don't worry."

"Alright," she said, "but how are we not supposed to worry. The most we have is a few of our clothes and our weapons. Were you able to grab the car keys?"

"No," he sighed, "I guess we are walking."

"Walking where exactly?"

"We aren't going to run from Black Death anymore. We are going to attack him and help Shield get rid of this menace," he said with conviction.

"Wait what are you saying?"

"I have a theory on these mutants but the only people it is useful too is Shield," he said thoughtfully.

"Oh no, you are not going to go to Shield," Caty said

"But, Catalina, this is innocent people we are talking about," he said.

"Yes, it's very sad but I will not risk loosing you!"

"Catalina, your doing the same thing I did."

"When?"

"With my sister. I couldn't cope loosing her so I became angry and a monster but honestly. People will always loose someone and besides you aren't loosing me. You will be with me," he said.

"Okay. How exactly are we going to find them?"

"We need to get somewhere with a computer and I will be able to track their location," he said.

"All their locations are classified," she said crossing her arms.

"I've gotten into their network before. I can do it again," he said.

"We better start walking," she said with a sigh.

**********************************

"It's mutated till it's exactly like Steve's blood," Dr. Banner pointed out to Tony Stark.

"Why didn't you tell me about your discovery earlier?"

"I was under orders not too," Bruce said taking off his glasses.

"Why?"

"Because they didn't want you to tell Steve," he answered.

"You still haven't even told me whose blood this is," Tony said.

"It's Johann Schmidts," he answered.

"That name sound very familiar but I can't place it."

"All so know as Red Skull," Bruce said putting his glasses back on.

Tony turned away and tapped his fingers on his chin. They began to walk in circles around each other.

"My father used to tell me stories about him. He said he was a genius but an evil genius. Blinded by anger and ambition using the Tesseract to make weapons for Hydra."

"And if Tony knew-" Bruce didn't finish the sentence.

"He can't know," Tony said.

"I'm surprised that he hadn't caused any problems," Bruce said.
"Because wasn't he the one who tried to save that town?"

"It was a German town so perhaps he is just protecting his own?"

"No, because back in World War II," Bruce began.

"He was going to blow up Berlin," Tony finished.

"And another question is; who was the girl that was with him?"

"She obviously knew how to fight and how to fight well," Tony answered.

Bruce stopped and looked at Tony, "is there any possibility that it was Caty?"

Tony stopped and stared at Bruce, "but Caty didn't have the ability to control things with her mind."

"Her mother did," Bruce said.

"But she never even knew that her mother had those capabilities," he said.

"So that doesn't mean it didn't pop up later," Bruce said. "That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard you say."

"No, because if she didn't know she wouldn't be trying to use them," Tony sassed.

"Okay okay," Bruce said.

"We don't have any DNA sample from the girl so we have no idea," Tony said tapping a pen on the table. "We probably better not cause any false hope."

"Agreed."