Chapter Sixteen

"So here is my idea," Caty began. "Johann didn't kill me because..."

She paused wanting to make sure it was alright that she mentioned it.

"I didn't kill her because she reminded me too much of my little sister. She was such a sweet loving thing. But she was brutally raped and then gave birth to the rapist child. She then died of injuries she received during her attack," Johann said opening up. "This caused me to become angry. Yada Yada Yada and here we are."

The whole room was silent for a moment. Caty was surprised he had told them. Then again honesty was the best policy under scrutiny.

"My point is," Caty said, "it was something that reminded him of something that was once good in his life. His little sister!"

"And if we can do the same for the mutants," Tony said, "they will start to mutate back."

"Precisely," she said.

"How are we supposed to do that?" Wanda asked.

"A hallucination serum," Vision said.

"Exactly!" Caty said.

"We just have one problem," Johann said.

"And what's that?" Clint asked.

"Because she was with me so long, she continued to help my mutation but it's been almost two months. I didn't even start mutating till about a week and a half ago. I'm still not even fully normal," he answered.

"So we need something that can do it all at once," Nick said.

"Yes, but if we do it too quickly the person could die because of the strain on their body," Johann said.

"Johann has gone through tremendous pain during his mutation," Caty informed.

"He doesn't seem to be in pain now," Steve said.

"It comes and goes. I think, however, if we put our minds together we can do it," he said.

"You think we are going to trust you?" Steve said harshly.

"Well, he did work with Dr. Erkstine to make the serum," Nick said.

"And then had him killed!"

"Yes, I did," Johann said standing up suddenly. Everyone froze and Caty took a step forward. "I also killed many other innocent people. Do you seriously think that I'm proud of that?"

Steve stood and stared him down in defiance. "You sure acted like it then!"

"That's because I was blind!"

"You don't think you are now! I should have killed you when I had the chance!"

"Maybe you should have but I'm here now to stop this threat!" Johann yelled.

"If it weren't for you; your stupid assistant wouldn't have taken the serum and used it on himself!"

"It was Shield that was messing with the serum! You think I would've wanted my assistant to go through hell just to be stronger?"

"You didn't seem to care when all of my men went through hell," Steve yelled. "Besides you made your assistant feel weak and then he used it!"

Johann paused. Everyone was deathly still and silent. Johann backed up and looked at him hard.

"I will not fight with you any longer," Johann said as calmly as he could.

"But isn't that what your good at?! Hurting and killing people," Steve said in a deadly yet calm voice.

"Daddy!" Caty gasped.

"No, Catalina, it's alright," Johann said raising a hand, "he has the right to think so. Last time he knew me that was who I was."

"And still are!" Steve said slamming his fist on the table.

The two stared at each other for what felt like hours. Finally Steve turned away and turned his gaze in Nick.

"He cannot be allowed to help us."

"That's not up to you, Cap'," he said calmly.

"I knew him when he was a monster. He comes to you as a wolf in sheep's clothing," Steve said warningly.

"Everyone your all dismissed," Nick said, "I need time to think."

"Catalina, until I come to a decision he will be locked up," Nick said.

"But-"

"No, buts. Or I'll lock you up too," Nick said. She knew it was an empty threat but she decided not to make it a realistic threat.

Two Shield guards walked in and escorted Johann out. Caty followed. Her head drooped and her feet were dragging slightly. The guards took him down to one if the stronger cells and lifted the force field.

"Get in."

Johann walked in and the guards lowered the field again.

"I'm sorry about this, Johann," Caty said coming up to the force field.

"Don't worry about me I've been in worse places," Johann said shrugging his shoulders.

"And I'm sorry about what my Dad said."

"Don't be because he was right," Johann said sitting down against the wall.

"What! No!"

"Catalina, maybe you should go get some sleep," Johann said quietly.

"But-"

"Your tired," he said. She stared at him sadly for a minute and then she turned.

"Alright but I'll be down in the morning," she said.

Johann didn't say anything. She finally left leaving him to his depressing thoughts.