Chapter Twenty-Two

"Tony to-"

"What did you say, Tony?" Nick said. "Please repeat. Tony.....Tony!"

"I'm going to back them up," Steve said tightening his gloves.

"Good idea," he responded.

Steve quickly made his way out to the helacarrier's deck. He ran towards the edge and jumped. He fell for a few minutes and then felt someone grab his calves and swing him up. Then the person had him by the wrists.

"Why do you do that? One day I'm not going be here and you are going to jump off thinking I'll catch you. Where am I taking you?"

"Left at the next mountain," Steve said. "Besides, Falcon, I thought you liked catching people."

"I like catching hot girls they don't weigh nearly as much as you do and they usually give rewards." he said straining to hold him.

"Falcon, you should be ashamed of yourself," Steve said sarcastically. "We are here."

"Alright let's find Stark, Caty, and that Red Skull fellow," Falcon said landing. He pounding his fist into his hand ready for some action.

"Red Skull! What's he doing on a Shield mission," Steve said trying to keep the anger out of his voice.

"He is the leading authority in this serum," Falcon said shrugging. "Besides I've gotten to know him a little bit. He is actually a pretty chill guy; a little sarcastic at times but chill."

"You don't know who he really is," Steve said harshly.

"Calm down, Steve, right now we are allies and as long as he he is helping us than he will remain an ally."

Steve didn't answer. He just turned and walked towards Tony's last known location. It was a little ways into the woods. Steve and Falcon quietly and cautiously advanced preparing for an attack at any second.

"Steve, there is something over there."

"Oh my-" he was cut off and he yelped as a large creature grabbed both him and Falcon.

**********************************

Catalina did her best to scoot over to where Johann lay. One of her hands was in a security shackle that was attached to the wall. She gently touched his chest. His shirt was shredded and he had several gashes along his chest and stomach. She did her best to pull the strips of cloth from the now dry wounds. Thankfully most of the cuts weren't deep but they would smart. He moaned and his eyes fluttered open.

"Are you alright," she asked even though she knew he wasn't.

"What happened? Where are we?"

"He almost killed you," Caty said bursting into tears. She rarely broke down but this time she couldn't help it. Johann gently lifted himself careful not to reopen his wounds. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her to him.

"I'm still here," he said gently, "I'll always be here even when I'm gone if that makes any sense."

She nodded and carefully laid her head on his shoulder and in the crook of his neck. She had been so scared. After the monster had knocked Johann out, he had come after her. She managed to leave him with quite a few permanent marks before a second giant came. They had taken both of them to a cell deep underground and shackled then to the wall. It looked like a seventeenth century prison. It was actually rather cliche. You would think Black Death would stick then in something more escape proof but I guess the two giants were the escape proof.

"Catalina?"

"Hmm."

"I don't know how I ever lived without you," he said gently running his thumb along her upper back.

"I love you," Caty whispered.

"Well, isn't that sweet," said a deep, gruff voice. Caty jumped and Johann sat up carefully placing himself in front of Catalina as much as he could.

"Who is there?" Johann said trying to inject as much confidence into his voice as he could in the present situation.

"I thought you would know your old assistant," said the voice.

"Albert," Catalina growled.

"My name is no longer Albert, for you see; I am no longer Albert," he said menacingly.

"Your a monster," Johann said harshly. Black Death raised a hand and swung. Johann's head snapped to the side. "Did you just slap me?!"

"Yes."

"You are not going to get away with that, Albert," Johann said darkly.

"Oh, I will," he hissed, "and if you don't behave I'm going to punish your woman."

Caty stiffened. She knew what he had in mind for punishment. She slid farther behind Johann.

"Don't you dare touch her," Johann hissed. He eyes shot daggers at Black Death.

"Oh, I will if you try anything," he sneered. "How do you like this. Once I was at your mercy and now you are at mine."

He laughed a mirthless laugh. It was a cruel hard laugh. He walked over to Catalina and grabbed her hair. Johann lunged but he couldn't reach Black Death because of his shackles. Black Death took a finger and traced it down her neck slowly until he reached her collar bone. He stopped for a second and then continued down onto her chest. She tried to pull away but he yanked her back into place. He trailed his finger in between her breasts. He stopped there and let go of her.

"If you don't want more to happen than that," he laughed, "then I suggest you behave."

He turned and walked out of the room. Johann was shaking with rage. Black Death had no right to touch her in that manner. He fumed until he realized that Catalina was watching him intently. He relaxed a little bit but still was filled with anger.

"Johann, you must stop your anger," she said placing a hand on his chin. "We don't want you mutating back."

He nodded and did his best to relax. Catalina decided to help him. She gently nuzzled his neck and kissed him softly. His hand snaked his way to her waist.

"Johann, I'm so scared of what he is going to do to me," she said. She had never felt so weak or vulnerable in her life.

"He will not touch you," Johann growled. He felt his anger rising again.

"He will though," she said shivering. "I don't want him to take that from me."

"He won't," Johann said unconvincingly.

"I don't want him to be my first," she said. She and Johann had had intense moments but they hadn't done anything to that extreme yet.

"He won't be because I won't let him."