Chapter Eleven

"Johann," Caty said.

"Hmm?"

"Are you awake?"

"I am now."

"Oh, sorry," she said quietly.

"What time is it?"

"I think it's around six," she answered.

"We should probably get moving then," he said sitting up.

"So where are we going?"

"France," he answered.

Caty groaned. That was really far away. Especially since they would have to walk most of it.

"I'm changing out of this skirt though because it isn't the best traveling attire for walking," Caty said picking it up.

"But you can't wear your tight black leather clothes because that will draw attention," he said grabbing a toothbrush that he had gotten from the front desk.

"Hey!"

"I meant that they would draw attention because you would look like a Shield agent," he said, "not that it wouldn't draw attention the other way. I know it would."

"Johann," she said, "maybe you should shut up now."

"What I meant was-," he started, "oh never mind. I'm just digging myself into a deeper hole."

Caty laughed and grabbed her black leather. She could wear the skirt and shirt over them until they got out of town.

Johann decided he could just change somewhere after then got away from civilization.

"Come on lets go," Johann said taking her hand.

They went downstairs into the lobby and returned their key. It only took them about twenty minutes to get away from any houses in the area.

"Wait here I'm going to go change," Johann said. Caty nodded and he walked away.

She waited for about ten minutes. Caty began to get worried when he didn't return. She waited for another few minutes and then decided to go find him.

**********************************

Steve had inquired at the library. It was the only place in town with a computer. They had informed him that a man had been in there recently and had used their computer. Steve had asked for a description of him. They said he was about 6' 2" and had dark hair. He was wearing jeans and a plaid shirt but that was all they could really tell him.

Steve had sent James to the inn to inquire about anyone with that description. He had come running back saying a man matching that description had just left about ten minutes ago and he had a young woman with him.

They had decided the best way to find them would be to split up. There were two main roads out of town so James headed towards Austria and Steve went the opposite way. They would stay in contact just in case the other found him.

Steve ran as fast as he could down the rode. After he got past the last house he went into the woods staying close enough to the rode to be able to see it.

Steve stopped short when he saw someone up ahead. He was coming into a clearing. He was dressed in all black. That didn't match the description but Steve decided to check it out anyway.

***********************************

Johann walked into the clearing. He wasn't worried about anyone being around so he didn't take any extra precaution in crossing. He regretted it a moment later.

"Excuse me," said a voice from behind him. Johann knew that voice. "Would you mind turning around."

"I don't think you want me to do that," Johann said. Steve's knees buckled. He knew that voice.

"That's not possible!"

"It is," Johann said turning around. Steve felt his blood boil. His most hated enemy was alive.

"You were the one who hacked into Shield's files," Steve said in a harsh voice.

"Yes, but believe it or not, I was trying to find Shield," Johann raised his hands. "I don't want to fight."

"Like hell you don't," Steve yelled.

"Look I've made mistakes but I have information that Shield needs," Johann said.

"You think I'm going to believe your pack of lies," Steve said and lunged at him.

Johann sidestepped and jumped back. Now he wished he had Caty with him. Johann grunted as Steve punched him in the stomach but Johann refused to fight back. This confused Steve a little but he was too angry to care.

"Captain, stop!" Johann shouted.

"No!" Steve grabbed Johann by the throat and lifted him up off the ground. Johann clawed at Steve's hands in and effort to free himself from this death grip.

"Stop!" Said a feminine voice.

Steve turned towards the voice and gasped. Before him stood Catalina. She was alive!

"Put him down," Caty screamed.

"He is dangerous!"

"Daddy, put him down now!"

Steve dropped him. Johann coughed violently in an effort to get his breath. Then he looked up at Catalina. She looked away and squeezed her eyes shut. Johann understood now why she had super strength. Captain America was her father.