Chapter Seventeen

Caty stomped out of the room and towards the elevator. She was not happy and didn't mind showing it. She walked over to the elevator and slammed the button. When it didn't come right away she huffed and pushed the button harder. Except it broke. However, the elevator did eventually make an appearance. Seeing the look on Catalina's face made all of the occupants clear the elevator for her. She slammed the up button and waited till it arrived at the dormitory floor. She hurried down the hall and stopped in front of one of the doors. The nameplate on the side of the door read:

Captain Steve Rogers
Captain America
Avenger room 233.

Caty pushed the buzzer and crossed her arms. She tapped her foot and pushed the buzzer again. Finally the door opened and Steve stood in front of her. He in turn crossed his arms and waited for her to say something.

"We need to talk," Caty said storming past him and into his living room.

"Well we haven't exactly gotten the chance to do that now have we," he said , "and I have some questions."

"Nuh uh, I start," she said.

"No, I start," Steve said.

"Fine," she sat down in defeat. She may be angry at him but he was still her father and she still needed to listen to him no matter what age.

"What in the world are you thinking in trusting him?"

"He earned my trust. I can assure you I didn't trust him at first," she said.

"He is lying to you," he said.

"Johann, is not lying to me," Caty said sharply.

"And what is with the first name basis here? You guys talk to each other like your old friends."

"We may not be 'old' friends but we are friends," she said crossing her arms.

"Catalina, he isn't a good man," he said with conviction.

"He may not have been! I don't defend his past actions! I only defend who he is now!"

Caty was practically shaking. Not from anger but from conviction. Steve looked at her trying to assess whether he should risk trusting him if only for Caty's sake. He sighed and sat down next to her. He had always been one to give second chances. This was going to be hard for him but he would do anything for his daughter.

"Catalina, can you be one hundred percent sure that we can trust him," he asked gently.

"I'm one hundred percent sure," she replied, "but I know you won't be."

"You have to understand. I saw this man do horrendous and nefarious things."

"I know but I've seen this man do wonderful and heroic things," she said quietly.

"Alright I'll do my best to get along with him and trust him for your sake," Steve said raising his hands in defeat.

"Thank-you, Daddy!" She said throwing her arms around his neck.

"Your welcome," he said hugging her tightly, "that doesn't mean I like him though."

"I know," she said, "and I respect you so much for being so selfless. You are the greatest man I know."

"And you are the greatest, most compassionate woman I know," Steve said pushing her hair back.

"Thanks, Daddy," she said.

*********************************

Johann looked up when he heard footsteps stop in front of his cell. Before him stood Director Fury and Captain America. Or Rogers? Whatever.

"Schmidt, for the sake of my daughter I have decided to give you a chance to show you have changed and claim redemption," Steve said briskly.

"This means I want you to help us. If you still will that is," Nick said.

"Gentlemen," Johann said rising, "I believe we have work to do."

Sorry for the shorter chapter but oh well. :) Hope you guys are enjoying! Especially since the story will get juicy when Steve finds out Caty and Johann love each other! Mwahahahahaha guess you guys will have to wait for that part. Vote and comment. Love ya all
-LMI