47 - Sin

Zavier Creed

Unsurprisingly, the wedding was as boring as an event could get. I wasn't drinking - I barely drank after promising Olivia I wouldn't get hurt again. But I felt the urge to just grab a bottle from somewhere as I watched people step inside the large church and sit on their seats while making polite conversations.

I made sure my expression wouldn't allow anyone to approach me. But some people ignored it.

My grandmother was the first one.

Now, I didn't hate it. I didn't like her, either. I barely respected her. She was a...bully, I suppose. A bully to the women in the mafia. All of them feared her and fought others to make her love them.

She smiled at me, dressed in a suit. "You look wonderful."

"I know." I leaned back in my seat. I had sat on a random seat in the church. "When is this starting?"

"Isn't this wonderful?"

"No," Ashton, who was sitting beside me, said. "When is this starting? We have things to do, Gianna."

Her gaze sharpened. But I knew she wasn't going to say anything unladylike in public. She straightened and gave him a small smile. "In about ten minutes, Ashton." She excused herself and walked away.

I looked at Xerxes who was sitting on my other side. He was on his phone. I glanced down at it.

It was a picture of Olivia. She was sitting with Cupcake and grinning at the camera. She was wearing a giant sweatshirt, which I knew belonged to Xerxes. His thumb brushed where her face was, and then he turned the phone off.

I looked away, ignoring the pang in my heart.

And then the fucking wedding happened. It was painful to watch. Malcolm was marrying someone of Gianna's choosing, a young red-headed girl who didn't look anyone in the eye.

Soon, it was time for the reception, and I was glad to finally have something to drink.

I gulped down a glass of champagne and looked at Dante who was eying some woman who gave him a shy smile. I shook my head.

"Don't fuck with a traditionalist's daughter."

"She looks like she'll beg for it."

I didn't have it in me to enforce traditions I could barely give a fuck about.

I watched as Gianna approached us, this time with three women with her. They looked like triplets, having some identical features, but not all.

"These are the Marsh triplets," Gianna said. "Come on, sit," she motioned them to sit down. One sat down beside me, one beside Xerxes. Ashton was between us so he was saved. The third triplet sat down beside Dante and across Ashton.

"Do you know them?" She asked Xerxes.

He shook his head, eyes focused on his phone.

"Well." She clasped her hands together, grinning. "Their parents are looking for a match. And I think they will be wonderful for you. They have grown up with our values. They will be good wives."

Dante leaned back in his chair, a smirk on his face. Bastard did not even try to veil how much he was enjoying this.

Ashton stood and walked to the bar. Xerxes followed.

"No," I said, ready to follow Xerxes.

"Well, I think a dance won't hurt."

I counted to three in my mind.

One

Two

T-

"Even if you marry them, you can still keep your toy."

I stood, reaching for my knife, but then my eyes fell on her.

As did everyone else's.

She entered the large hall, dressed in a beautiful green dress that hugged her soft little body. She was walking beside Giovanni, who smirked at the world. Her eyes were slightly wide, filled with nerves. Her tiny fists were balled by her sides, her rings glittering.

It had been too long. Too fucking long since I touched my kitten.

She looked fucking beautiful under the soft golden lights.

She spotted me easily, eyes freezing, and then she looked at the women around me. She blinked slowly, her left cheek deepening, meaning she was biting into it.

I stood and walked towards her. Giovanni stepped away as I approached, muttering 'you owe me' under his breath.

I took her waist in my hands and pulled her towards me, making her stumble just a bit.

I lowered my lips to her ear, sighing in relief. "Kitten." I kissed her temple. "That dress is sin and you look like a fucking goddess."

. . .

Olivia Woods

We had planned on attending the wedding, not only the reception. But then I found another flask in the car and drank all of it while Giovanni's left eye twitched with annoyance.

I needed liquid courage. But by the time we reached the church, I was too buzzed to do anything.

"Gioooooo-"

"You're fucking annoying," he grumbled. But he was smiling too. We were parked outside the reception venue. He had made me drink lots of water, saying that the Creeds would maim him if he took me to them drunk.

I agreed with that.

"You," I said, and hiccuped. "You're so pretty, Gio. You will find love like that." I snapped my fingers, but they didn't make a sound. I frowned and snapped again. They didn't make a sound.

"Oh my go-" I snapped again and now, they made a sound. I sighed in relief. "That's the stuff."

He gave me a dry look.

"As I was saying," I said. "You're pretty. You will find love."

"I don't think they'll like you calling me...pretty, which I am trying to take as a compliment."

"It is," I said. "And you're not prettier than them," I said.

"That's not true. Have you seen the wrinkles on Xerxes' face?"

"I've slept beside him a million times and I am yet to see them but..." I looked at him, narrowing my eyes and I pointed at the corner of his eye. "I can spot three on you."

"Funny," he grumbled. "You're so fucking funny."

"I know right," I sat back in my seat. "I can be a comedian."

"Sure," he said. "There they are."

He looked out of the window as the cars approached the building. They exited from one of them, all tall, and handsome.

Soon enough, I sobered up just a bit, went to the washroom because I had drank too much water, and was walking towards the reception with an Italian mobster beside me.

The buzz had left, and now nervousness thumped in my heart.

And it disappeared when he looked at me.

"Kitten," his warm lips kiss my forehead with a gentleness that melted my heart. "That dress is sin and you look like a fucking goddess."

. . .

I do not enjoy being pushed for updates so, we'll go back to Monday updates soon.