73 - Gently

. . .
(A/N) this is my fav edit of Zavier. I feel like it really shows his personality. His personality for others, I mean. Not for Olivia. For that, I'd have to add little puppies and kittens into it. I kinda wanna do that but that'd be ridiculous.

And, this chapter ends on a cliff hanger. So...
. . .

Zavier Creed

"Lift your arms

"Lift your arms."

She lifted her hands, blinking up at me. She had just woken up from her nap. Xerxes was still sleeping on his chair. Olivia had taken a million pictures of him.

I slid a giant sweater over her t-shirt. "Now, we can go."

"All this just for the backyard?"

"It's cold today, Kitten. And it's raining a bit too. We'll run to the gazebo, hm?"

She nodded and stood, pulling the sleeves of her sweater up till her hands popped out. "Okay. Can we take Ashton, too?"

"He's not home."

"Where is he?"

I shrugged. "Arena, some library, on a drive. I don't know."

She took my hand and we stepped out of the room. The mansion was quiet. It was too big for just four people.

"I don't wanna ever be alone here."

"What do you mean?"

"In this mansion or any of yours. They're too big. There could be anyone inside and I would never know."

"There are guards around the property, baby."

"Still," she insisted.

I opened the door which led to the backyard. She pushed me away and ran to the gazebo, giggling when the rain hit her.

I shook my head, smiling, and ran after her. We were just a bit wet when we reached the gazebo. I took off my suit jacket, throwing it on the arm rest of the bench. I liked the cold wind on my. I folded my sleeves up.

Olivia pulled out a sketchpad and a charcoal pencil from her bag and settled on a bench instantly.

I sat beside her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She leaned into me.

"I love this weather," she mumbled under her breath. "It smells so nice."

I dug my nose into her hair, breathing. "Hm. You've changed your shampoo."

"Yes. This one is good too, right? Mom suggested it. She has great hair."

"Does she?" I hadn't noticed.

"She does. She doesn't even use extensions. That was a surprise to me." Her pencil worked on the pad. "I inherited dad's hair-" her hand paused, for a moment, and then she continued. "And he didn't have the best hair. Too frizzy."