Province #13

THE LINK OF ASTROS (IN CAPIZ)
by gwinlentia

Stealing was a crime, but stealing gazes of him was a heavenly crime.
Astrophel Diane Bermuda

EARLY IN THE MORNING, the celestial bodies were visible in the night sky. Her thoughts were raining conspiracies and theories while gazing at the celestial bodies above. She was presuming if there would be someone like her stealing gazes at the vast universe that also believes that someone like them nowhere in the universe exists. Yet, she only knew one person in her entire life that believes what she believes.

For someone who was deeply in love and enthralled by the fascinating yet frightening universe, she was drowning. But it was also her favourite part while she was madly drowning – that nobody wanted to save her because what she's staring at was glorious and heavenly.

However . . . she has limitations on believing conspiracies and theories for it was impossible to believe like how she believed he had liked her since they were young.

There was no evidence that her universe liked her. It was vague to believe. Her eyes were only fixated on him, yet she knew that he was already fixated on someone else.

For the love of the universe, this love was dangerous, because she was drowning madly to a person that does not have interest to catch her from drowning endlessly. She would be happy if they drowned together, but he did not accompany her.

She was still hoping that she would find someone else that was not like him, but how? How would she find that someone – the someone who would accept her and love her wider than the universe? How would she find a guy who would love to accept her for loving astronomy? How . . . if everyone that surrounds her finds her weird for believing non-existent knowledge? She only knew one person, but that person was impossible to reach like the stars in the night sky as that person lost interest to love the universe.

She just hopes one day, she would find that someone and that someone would find her too who has been waiting for ages.

She sighed. This is not the right time to think about a certain person and be nostalgic because it was a very enticing moment for her. Even though she was restless, she would deal it by herself. It was a once in a blue moon moment for her to see the night sky from a different place. Makita niya lamang iyon, busog na busog na ang kaniyang mga mata kahit kanina pa siya nagugutom kakahintay na may dadaang nagbebenta ng mga almusal dito sa bus station.

Kagagaling lang nila sa airport ng Cabatuan, Iloilo dahil galing sila sa international flight. Kakauwi lang nila galing sa United Kingdom.

She and her brother were living in United Kingdom for one year to study there because they got a scholarship program last year. They were an exchange student. Ngayon ang uwi nila at hindi nila sinabihan ang mga magulang nila dahil gusto nilang surpresahin ang mga ito.

She yawned. She's sleepy because she watched earlier in the aeroplane while travelling the night sky just to see the beautiful twinkling stars and other celestial bodies. She's resisting herself to close her eyes, at the same time, she was hungry.

“Bibingka! Bibingka!”

She, dealing with her own universe, was suddenly cut off when she heard that shout. Her eyes sparkled like how the stars were twinkling.

“Kuya, bilhan mo kong bibingka! Nagugutom ako."

She tried to wake her Kuya up, but he remained asleep.

She sighed and shook her Kuya. "Kuya Sirius!”

Her Kuya’s lips suddenly twitched. Inalis nito ang suot na cute na unicorn sleep mask at tiningnan siya.