Breathe (Hawks x Drowning Reader)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a whole since I posted and I apologise sincerely. Life has just gotten away from me and I've had a hard time lately. But hopefully this makes up for it. And for anyone that wasn't aware. I'm currently doing Writing Commissions.

Also TW for drowning themes

It was a burning summer day and other than the sweat dripping off every section of your body and having no energy to move from said heat, you were doing alright. Your 2 story house was quiet as always with the TV musing in the background. Air-conditioning working its but off to produce the little cold air it could. Running hot itself from the heat.

Your mind wondered to your hero boyfriend Hawks. The poor thing must have been sweltering in his hero costume while being in the sun all day. You kinda felt bad.

"And the weather for the rest of the week, keep to the shade and out of the sun as much as possible everyone as the heat is set to continue for the rest of this week. With heats set to sore into the late 30 degrees Celsius. Stay safe everyone"

You let out an annoyed groan at the news. This heat was already unbearable now. And it was set to get hotter. At this point your aircon was going to explode before then.

*ring* *ring*

The unexpected ring of your phone had you jump in surprise as you frantically tired to find the missing device that was trapped between the cushions of the couch. Snatching the rectangular object you hit the green button and press the phone to your ear.

"Hello" you answered breathlessly.

"Hiya baby bird, why do you sound so out of breath for" says your boyfriend in a cocky tone.

"Because I lost my phone down the couch and I had to frantically find it before it hung up." You explained back in the same tone he gave you.

"How's work anyways. You must be dying in this heat" you question Keigo.

"Luckily flying gives me a bit of an opportunity to cool down with the wind through feathers and clothes, so it hasn't been to bad. How have you been holding up at home. Is the air-conditioning working" Keigo asks.

"Kinda. It's blowing cold air but not nearly as well as it should. Most of the house is still pretty warm, leaving me to spend most of the day laying on the wooden floors to gain at least a little coolness" you reply back as Keigo chuckles at your response.

"Thats just like you, listen I had a chat with the safety commission and they allowed me to take the day off tomorrow. Seeing as how it's going to be hot again. I was thinking we could go to the beach, spend the day together." A rush of excitement went through you. It had been forever since you and Keigo went out for an actual date.

"Oh my God yes. I'd love that." You practically squealed. Keigo's laugh filled your ears.

"Well it's settled then. Tomorrow is beach day"

You heard the phone hung up. And for the rest of the day you couldn't wipe the smile off your face
~~~~~~~~

"Hey Babe. You might wanna hurry. Don't wanna miss out on all the good spots they have" Keigo calls from the front door as you hurried to finish packing all the things you needed.

"I'm coming. Just wait a second" you call out of your room as you shove the last item in your bag before closing it and racing out the door.

"Was wondering what was taking so long" Keigo sassed towards you. You shake your head with a light chuckle before passing him out the front door.