Support (Kirishima x Anxious Reader)

This is a request by SimpleIsBeautiful13. Sorry it took so long, I work long hours.

Today was the day of the practical exam and to say you were anxious was an understatement. Your combat skills were extremely lacking and no matter how hard you practiced you always thought it wasn't good enough.

You had just finished the last written exam and everyone was told to get geared up for the practical. Anxiousness began to rise inside of you, if you didnt pass this exam you wouldn't be able to go to the training camp.

"Hey (Y/N), you ok" your best friend and crush Kirishima asked.

"Not really no" you reply

"Are you worried about the practical exam" you nod in response. His eyes soften

"Hey don't stress to much about it. We are fighting robots remember, and you absolutely killed it when you went up against them at the entrance exams. You'll do fine trust me."

"Thanks Kiri". You said before walking off to get changed.

You felt alright after that for a little bit. Until you got to the exam area and saw you were battling your teachers who all happen to be pro heroes. Your stomach dropped.

You were paired with Aoyama and Uraraka against thirteen because of the uneven numbers. You were kinda glad you werent versing All Might or Mr Aizawa. You followed some of your classmates to the viewing area to see how Kirishima and Sato went against Cementoss. However this only caused your anxiousness to climax as they both lost quickly. How were you meant to go if those two lost in minutes.

You continued to watch until the battle between Todoroki, Momo and Mr Aizawa came up. They only just passed. Some of the strongest people in your class almost lost. You couldn't watch after that. You ran off. Ignoring the confused cries of your classmates.

You ran down the halls and sat in a empty corridor, trying to calm your nerves down. But nothing worked. Your breathing became quicker, tears started flowing. You couldn't calm down no matter what you did. You were going to fail, you were going to fail.

"(Y/N)"

You gasp at the sudden voice and look up to see the red hair of Kirishima. Covered in a few bandages from his fight but fine none the less. This only reminded you of the battle ahead of you. Bringing back your anxiousness.

"(Y/N) I need you to calm down. Whatever is going on your going to be ok." He says, crouching down in front of you and grabbing your shoulders.

"H-How am I going to fight the teachers Kiri, n-not even you could have defeated them. They're pro heroes for crying out loud. I have no chance."

"(Y/N) calm down, panicking like this isn't going to do your anxiety any good, your up against thirteen, she's a rescue hero not a battler. Your skills are more than enough to bet her. That and you have Aoyama and Uraraka as well." While his words were enough to do something, it didn't completely calm you down.

"Alright, (Y/N) I want you to take a deep breathe. Do it with me ready" he breaths in and you copy. You do the same for letting out. You both do this for a few minutes until your breathing calms down. Once you were alright Kiri helps you off the ground.

"Thanks Kiri" you say, hugging him close.

"It's fine (Y/N), now go and kick some butt." He says encouraging you to run to your exam with a smile.

You ended up passing the exam thanks to Uraraka. Meaning you could in fact go to the training camp. You knew that Kiri would always be there to support you.