Stop Apologizing (Jirou x Reader)

This is a request from violet-the-wizzerd. Im sorry it took so long to get done.Hope you enjoy.

Another day comes and in the day it will be filled with the constant sound of your apologies and anxious stuttering. You couldn't help it. Just about everything made you nervous and if you even did the slightest wrong you became a spluttering mess of I'm sorry and please forgive me.

Say you bump into a table or a person, you instantly get slightly panicki and immediately start apologizing to anyone around you. Some found it fine, some found it annoying, others found it sweet. Just like your best friend Jirou.

The reason you were like this in the first place was because of your parents. They were pretty chill for the most part but they were really judgemental. If you wore something to short. Nope get rid of it. Break a plate or glass. Seriously again (Y/N). Didn't get good grades. You need to try harder.

You apologized so much at home it became a daily thing where you would apologize for the slightest thing wrong you did and got anxious when something did go wrong for fear of the same judgement you got at home.

Today was like any other. You came to school after an anxious morning at home and sat in your usual spot next to Uraraka. The class was trying to organize a special event and everyone had a job to do. Including you.

You along with Jirou, Shoji, Denki, Mineta and Kota were in charge of decorations and table setting. You kept quiet, even though you would have preferred something like cooking you didn't want to be an annoyance answer cause trouble, so you stayed quiet.

"Hey (Y/N), could you pass me some streemers please" Jirou asks from the ladder.

"S-Sure thing" you reply, gathering a handful and passing them up to her. You walked backwards to see the progress that Jirou had done, only to bump into Shoji, who was carrying a table. Thankfully Shoji kept balanced and didn't fall or dropped the table, but you were apologising already.

"Oh my god Shoji I'm so sorry I didn't mean to walk into you, I'm so so sorry. It won't happen again" you quickly say. Hoping you hadn't of upset him

"It's alright (Y/N), nothing happened so don't stress" he said before walking off calmly. You sigh but still feel anxious that something was going to go wrong. You tried to decorate but you were worried of what other people thought of your display, so you let the others do it. It wasn't until Jirou encouraged you to do some that you actually did.

You thought it looked amazing and that you had done really well, Kota, Shoji and Jirou did as well. But it was the other two that changed things.

"I dont like it, it should be changed" the grape boy said.

"Yea I'm kinda agreeing with you there dude" Denki replied.

"KAMINARI, MIMETA (Y/N) WORKED HARD ON THOSE" Jirou screeched at them and they both froze.

"I'm sorry I didmt realise it was that bad, if you dont like it I can get rid of it and get someone else to do, it didn't mean to ruin your eye sight." Everyone gawked at you.

"(Y/N) how could you say that, it's absolutely beautiful, dont ever doubt yourself. And you don't have to apologize at every wrong thing that happens. Stop apologizing for something that doesn't need it," Jirou finished up and a smile creeps on your face.

"Thanks Jirou, I needed that. I needed that a lot"